Why a mobile app is a bad idea.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

After telling Candy Pants YT to stop, I decided to make a thread telling you all how a mobile app is a TERRIBLE idea.

1. Literally you would need an iPad Pro to use it, or atleast a big screen to bend or rotate things. You would only be able to make an animation equivalent to those crappy Monster School animations.

2. It would crash literally 20 times more than Pokemon GO. If you wanted to make God knows what, a simple intro, it would probably crash when you imported the music, it would probably crash on the splash screen or if you make a new project, it would probably crash there! It won't even launch probably.

3. A mobile version would take years to develop, android may get a mobile version first, but androids are expensive! iOS would probably get it 2 years later, and by then mine imator could be dead, maybe it could be dead right now? MineImator was made for Computers, and it wouldn't do well on mobile.

4. MineImator was made in Game Maker: Studio, not unity, in fact, Game Maker can't even export games to mobile! It would take years to make the code for mobile touch support, and if we want a mobile version, we would have to move MineImator to unity, and make it with either JS or C#, that would take YEARS, to remake it in unity.

Listen, if we would get a mobile version, it would be really hard to use. So please, stop the requests for a mobile app.

(I'm also at the end of my 1 month vacation, so soon I'll be able to animate again :))

Edited by TheAmazingAnimator

As much as an animation software similar to mine-imator would be cool on phone/tablet, not only will it have to be heavily limited because mobile processors/RAM cannot run mine-imator to its full potential but animation software's are made to be used on a computer/laptop, i don't see a reason to have a mobile version.  Also bearing in mind that it would be terrible because of screen real estate.