WE WANT MINEIMATOR FOR THE PHONE!

Message added by Goose

Would probably not work (due to limited resources, compatability issues, be awkward to control etc.)

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Nerdinq said:

Why, do you realize how awkward and difficult It would be to animate. You'd need an iPad Pro to be able to see any thing and their tacky keyboard to make something equivalent to a monster school animation. 

That's not the problem, it just wouldn't work.

Geez this post is probably old now. I can't believe people are still commenting on a 7 month old topic. Wow

Oh yeah, and some of us have small phones so it'd be frustrating for us to use the keyframe and stuff.

Edited by newanimator2819
Reasons we SHOULDN'T have Mine Imator on the phone

I have a question? Why? It would be laggy as crap, the text would be too small to see, and that's just the boarder line. I think I speak for all of us when I say a Mine-Imator app would make this program look even worse to people who have only watched the linear, no bends monster school.

Edit: I decided to look on this guy's profile. He joined, posted this topic, and was last on all on the same day. He hasn't seen any of this, and probably even just created the account to say this.

Edited by Twotorule

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, Candy Pants YT said:

We want mineimator for phones

To be honest, you can't just say, "we want this on this platform" and it pops out in the next month or so, porting pc software onto a phone is damn near impossible
Plus does Android/IOS have Game Maker Studio?

I understand you want Mine Imator on the phone, but posting an entire topic on just this?

I'm very sorry buddy but I'm gonna have to Downvote this one, (I rarely give out downvotes cause it makes me feel bad)
I don't mean to be a jerk, but please think of your posts before you create something
and be creative with your writing, write a paragraph of some sorts

Good luck

Edited by ShadowUnicorn_Gaming
added text and fixed sentances

4 minutes ago, ShadowUnicorn_Gaming said:

To be honest, you can't just say, "we want this on this platform" and it pops out in the next month or so, porting pc software onto a phone is damn near impossible
Plus does Android/IOS have Game Maker Studio?

Their's Android/iOS module in GM

1 minute ago, Dr. Cuto said:

yeah but Mine Imator on the phone wouldn't be very good

there is a few problems with this:
1. The Resolution (If you already own a phone, compare it's screen size with your laptop's/Monitor's)

2. the storage (If you have a Samsung this wouldn't be a problem, but most phones do not exceed 64GB)

3. Compatibility, It would be nice to animate while on a plane or a bus or a train, but think of it logically, an animation program on mobile would chew up all the battery life.

4. Speed, Oh yeah how is the phones gonna handle rendering the shaders? (I mean newer phones can do it, Right?)

How the hell is this even gonna work, logically it would be a slow, heavy on storage, battery chewing, incompatible, mess of code
But I get what your point is

2 hours ago, Dr. Cuto said:

I'm pretty sure MI uses DirectX for some graphical stuff as well as Visual C++ which I think is only compatible with Windows PCs. There are also standalone things like the world importer which would need to be removed or somehow remade for phones.

Hmm.... Mine-Imator on mobile on the tip of our finger tips? The concept to a mobile version sounds interesting.

Here's the pros and cons for a mobile Mine-Imator.

Pros

1. The interface might be similar but simple for easy controlling.

2. The world importing system could be Pocket-Edition based.

3. More animators would come into the spotlight.

Cons

1. On  most mobile phones or tablets it could crash or cause some glitches.

2. The graphics won't have the same Mine-Imator quality since mobile isn't even ready to handle such capabilities.

3. Just imagine how much storage might affect while rendering finished animations.

Ok a few reasons: But first like many others before I have stated no xD

As cool as the idea may seem there are some honest problems with this.

1) Controlling on a phone would be a nightmare

2) Porting to another platform is not simple.  It basically requires a complete rewrite of the code

3) It even takes a decent computer to be able to do things like animate, most phones would not be powerful enough to run such a program.