A small rendering idea that could change mine-Imator!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Note since I'm an idiot, I don't remember what it it's called so I will make up a name.

"render overlap"(ok I need dem bleeeeaach.)

render overlap is a option for objects you can edit on proprieties, the overlapping can be edited from -1 and 1(for other objects)

what it does basically makes the object render over the other object for example,

you have a blue block behind a red circle, if you make the blue blocks number less/more then the red circle, the blue cube will be shown/rendered infront of the circle even though it's behind.

this can be used for any renders with no clipping(arm will not be shown clipping in the body)

And even for animation(no clip animation)

ik mine-Imator is dead-ish but the community edition is ready as ever so can this be a feature, it can also maybe have some cool effect to rigs,animations and other stuff!

Edited by Minecraftvinnyq

or just put the red circle in front of the blue block

Lol, I ment this option can render objects behind or infront of others for better stuff-thingyshsghekihehbdikhdbkhukhdjhb,dbgkudhbj,j,hbdhinsansjshsjs*dies*

Something like this already exists. It's called render depth, it's used when  an object has an alpha of less than %100, by modifying the slider you can avoid the alpha glitch. It fixes this problem by rendering the desired object first.

hJ0DWnW.png

But kinda useless feature if you ask me, like WAZZL3 said, you just  put the red circle in front of the blue block. No need to be added.

thsts only usful in 2d animations

Think of a render where you see maybe Steve bowing down with no bent arms, there will obviously be clipping at the side of the body, if you turn that option thingy above/below, the arm will be rendered over the body hence no clipping will be shown(also cheesus Chris you guys respond fast

Think of a render where you see maybe Steve bowing down with no bent arms, there will obviously be clipping at the side of the body, if you turn that option thingy above/below, the arm will be rendered over the body hence no clipping will be shown(also cheesus Chris you guys respond fast

why not just bend the arm so it looks better and keeps the clipping from happening altogether?

why not just bend the arm so it looks better and keeps the clipping from happening altogether?

will still be clipping like at the top of the arms or so...think of Minecraft's promotional art. ya see what I men't :D

will still be clipping like at the top of the arms or so...think of Minecraft's promotional art. ya see what I men't :D

we don't need this feature, -stickymations- already gave an answer and all you're doing is requesting people to create an option for you when you can go around the rpoblem by yourself using features that already exist within MI

yas

I use the same software Mine-imator was made in, and trust me, its pretty hard to get something like that to happen. (Basically, I've been playing around with 3D things. But hey, I'm not Nimi, or David.)

Something like this already exists. It's called render depth, it's used when  an object has an alpha of less than %100, by modifying the slider you can avoid the alpha glitch. It fixes this problem by rendering the desired object first.

hJ0DWnW.png

But kinda useless feature if you ask me, like WAZZL3 said, you just  put the red circle in front of the blue block. No need to be added.

You can't avoid the alpha glitch if there is depth of field behind the transparent object:

2qn19qd.jpg