Animation Tips (May be helpful, depends)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Now, I bet you that you used to be bad at animations, and eventually you got used to mine imator, now your animations are basically eye candy,but for you guys that are starting out, here's a tip or two for you, now as I'm being over here halfway across the world from my laptop, I can't show pictures, so that will be kinda sad, but I'll do it the way before we had pictures. Using ASCII art. Now, first tip of the day,

No more sliding or anything

We've all been there, we always thought that our animations would have to be forced to have an object slowly move to its position, and that would really disturb our animation. Luckily I found a solution to this; 

First you'll wanna have a delay on before it starts moving. So you have your starting key frame here.

Legend(27): <> Keyframe # When it starts moving | Keyframe creator line

<>

Then you'll wanna make a delay on it, now it isn't really a delay, but I guess you could say it is, now put the ending of the delay on when you want it to move, as shown below

<>                     |

Now grab the object that you are moving, and move it just slightly, creating another Keyframe

<>                    <>

Finally, click on the spot that you would end the animation sequence.

<>                    <>                         |

Now animate to your desire and then it should look like this (The # won't be there).

<>                    <>############<>

And you can extend the delay to when it needs to start moving.

60 fps goodness!

Self explanatory.

Now what you'll wanna do, is go into settings, and look around for the 60 fps button. Please tell me I don't need to teach you...

Making a render look good,

If you want to make a good background or a desktop, make sure you check off these things.

DoF(On) To hide the flatlands

Render in High Quality(On)

That's it, that's all you need..

Better animations.

If you wanna go make a skibbz animation, go right ahead, but atleast don't make us look like the poor guy in Blood, Sweat and Tears...

If you want to make a good animation, take it from anyone here, use motion blur, I don't think Mine Imator has motion blur built in, but try and beg your parents to buy you Sony Vegas or somethin.. 

Thats all, I really hope that this was helpful to most of you, and yeah, if this was bad, and when I say bad, I mean bad, like, bad reputation or something, then I'll just take this down.. Man I gotta go outside or something

If you want to make a good animation, take it from anyone here, use motion blur, I don't think Mine Imator has motion blur built in, but try and beg your parents to buy you Sony Vegas or somethin.. 

Sony vegas has really bad motion blur, it just takes frames and fades them, it doesn't look like motion blur, more like a dream effect, if you want good motion blur use after effects or animate with blender, it has motion blur as an option.

Did I not mention that I'm writing this from my iPad mini because I'm on vacation? Without my laptop?

oh. well, i would still post this when i would get the laptop back, if i was you.

Edited by Tiedemies1