How to make your animation audio sound better

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

warnin10.png

1. Making "3D Sounds"

3D Sounds are so hard, so I will show you how to do something that is more or less 3D sounds in your animation. This techne I have do it in every video or animation I have ever make. Make the sound get higher volume when the camera is more near to the sound source and make it match to make more realistic. For example, when walking passing through camera:

tutori10.jpg

t1_v10.png 3D Sound: Correct mode, the peak and higher place of the green mountains shows where the sound's volume is higher and also when the source is nearest to the camera and also, the spectator.

t1_f10.png2D Sound: Wrong mode, there is no peak, always the volume is the same, doesn't matter where is the sound source from the camera.

2. Good Ambience

A good ambience is the key for any animation. If a fire is very near to the spectator but there is no fire sound, is just not realistic. More advanced is like, when the spectator know where is the fire placed but there is no showed on the screen but also is near to the camera, put the sound to make it realistic at all.

3. Good Music

Like the good ambience but a little bit different. A music is not sounds from a sound source or anything else. It's just a music that makes the spectator feel more the animation. A tension music will be good with a tension part or tension animation, or funny or stupid music for funny, weird or ridiculous part of an animation. Find the best music for any moment.

sad10.png

/\ - A sad music for a sad moment

\/ - A tension music for a tension moment

tutori10.png

4. Match the video with the sound.

Dont forget the most important part. A sound will need to match the moment when the sound is really needed. For example. Placing a torch, you will need to zoom in the most to find the moment when then torch is placed and make feel it more realistic. No one wants to hear a torch placing 2 seconds later than when the torch has been placed. Don't you? ;)

t1_f11.png

Not everytime the sound start will be the perfect place. Find the more realistic way. 

5. More quantity of the same sound sources, also more sounds

Sometimes, there are a lot of fire, for exaple, but 2 fires aren't the same that 1 fire. So, put the quantity that sees more realistic. Don't put exactly the sounds matching each fire because it will be a very good torture for the spectator, and we don't want that. Don't you? Try to level the quantity of sounds, quantity of sources and also the volume.

fires10.png

Depends on the sound are placing, The fire.mp3 sound isn't very bad with 3 but it's rare. However, this is only an example. Hear what you are making before posting it ;).

Thanks for reading, hope I helped you and comment what do you think about this 5 tips for make better audio in your animations.

On 2017-2-15 at 8:23 PM, chuckles de clown said:

so when using sounds which one is better when putting sounds in do you use mine-imator to put your sounds in or do you use an external editing program

I use external programs.