Physics and voice acting

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was thinking, making physics is quite hard in mineimator so what if I molded a key frame or option that enables physics?? Like someone drops from 3 blocks and their knees bend. Drops from 10 blocks and they fall flat. They drop from 5 and they roll. Also for voice acting I thing mouth rigs should be able to move in sync with a audio file

8 minutes ago, CatOnCaffeine said:

At that point you might as well just have the program animate everything for you.

he's right want to be animator then act like one and dont suggest things like that, because thats why animated movies like the one's in theaters take so damn long like im talking years.

6 hours ago, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

ummm actually video game designing is the same lol

No it's actualy not.

I'm a game developer myself and when game developing you have to

• Make the models
  • Code (But first learn how to code)
  • Add all the shading and lighting

So yea...It's not the same.

8 hours ago, leo6701 said:

Also for voice acting I thing mouth rigs should be able to move in sync with a audio file

Actually, I'v done this, in the same way Element Animation does theirs. I studied there mouth movements,and animating it is easy. The hard part is lining it up with the audio.

Even if you could do that (which is completely impossible), you'd have to code and animate what happens in the physics and what triggers them, as well as what rigs/models are compatible with the code/models. (I don't know much about coding so I might be off)

Edited by EnchantedAnimations

6 hours ago, Tiger10Animations said:

No it's actualy not.

I'm a game developer myself and when game developing you have to

• Make the models
  • Code (But first learn how to code)
  • Add all the shading and lighting

So yea...It's not the same.

i meant in the form of having to do everything yourself, i game design too using unity.

Edited by Proud_AnimatorZ

16 hours ago, leo6701 said:

I was thinking, making physics is quite hard in mineimator so what if I molded a key frame or option that enables physics?? Like someone drops from 3 blocks and their knees bend. Drops from 10 blocks and they fall flat. They drop from 5 and they roll. Also for voice acting I thing mouth rigs should be able to move in sync with a audio file

Not trying to be rude, but If you're gonna suggest things like this, you might as well not learn how to animate.

7 hours ago, MBB said:

Not trying to be rude, but If you're gonna suggest things like this, you might as well not learn how to animate.

I think it would be a nice addition but I eonthink do it if other people don't wanthink it

ITT: People argue whether game design and animation design are the same

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooo. One is software designed for user input to create works of media, while another is designed for player(s) input for a specified goal. [Definition of a game 1]

A proper physics engine is too time consuming and resource intensive to actually add in. So just do your best and animate it.

Automated Phenomes (what you are requesting) is not possible. We barely have sound working, so simply do it the hard way. If you want to make the lipsync proccess easier, use a simplier mouth rig like skobbz's rig or nomo's rig which inspired it.

Keep in mind that Mine-imator is catered to beginner animators, and works well enough with advanced animators. Though it has clear limitations which have workarounds due to the code language and engine limitations it has. If you can't animate these by hand, switching to a more advanced program would not be wise. Get creative and handle these problems a different way.

Hope that clears up things. Sorry man. We can dream, but dreams for this one may stay dreams. Just remember that David is working on another project which may have these in the long future.