Recruiting Animators for Project - Obsidian Animator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This is not a Mime-imator project! I hope I am alright to post this here, as this is probably the best place to find great Minecraft animators.

The Obsidian Animator is a brand new piece of software, that allows the animating of Minecraft models for use in game. It is part of the Obsidian Suite, an open source project that aims that aims to revolutionise the Minecraft modding and animating community by vastly improving upon existing model animation techniques for mods. As part of the suite, I am making a mod that will replace all the existing Minecraft animations. I can code, but I can't animate, and that's why I posting here!

For more information and downloads click here

Edited by DaBigJoe

***Update***

The animator is now ready for testing, I have created a tutorial video and have a download available to those who are interested in using it, however it isn't ready for public release yet as it needs further testing and development. Contact me if you are interested in using it right now!

Update

The Obsidian Animator and API are progressing really well! The API now supports smooth animation transitions and animations can be imported with ease. The one thing missing is animations - specifically for the player. The animator is ready to be used, but I would like a few test users to have a go before it's released. Let me know if you want to give it a try and make some player animations (walking, punching, mining etc.)!

The alpha release looks great!

however the bending looks a bit "weird"

i have seen mods like mo' bends which adds full bending support!

wanna check it out?

You mean the lack of bending? ;) 

I had previously implemented bends like in mo' bends, but they were very specific to the player. Since this is intended to work for all models, I disable bends temporarily. I plan to add it back in for the full release. 

You mean the lack of bending? ;) 

I had previously implemented bends like in mo' bends, but they were very specific to the player. Since this is intended to work for all models, I disable bends temporarily. I plan to add it back in for the full release. 

Cool :D

i would love a easier mo bends animator!

(and just a little question,in full release will there be 3D custom pixels support?)

Ahh okay, so that isn't part of the model I'm assuming? It's added on after via a texture or something?

it is a part of the model since its a skin,(mojang cares console and pe more |:-| ,jk)

the idea is like a voxel editor/creator, similar to the Discontinued Voxel Player models mod, as well like a complicated skin to edit textures, example this was the texture, MDDEBak.png

This is not a Mime-imator project! I hope I am alright to post this here, as this is probably the best place to find great Minecraft animators.

The Obsidian Animator is a brand new piece of software, that allows the animating of Minecraft models for use in game. It is part of the Obsidian Suite, an open source project that aims that aims to revolutionise the Minecraft modding and animating community by vastly improving upon existing model animation techniques for mods. As part of the suite, I am making a mod that will replace all the existing Minecraft animations. I can code, but I can't animate, and that's why I posting here!

Alpha

The animator is currently in an early alpha stage of development. You can download it RIGHT NOW, and begin making animations, but only for the player model.

To help with development, it would be great to see any animations that you create. Show me what you can do! Any animations that are sent to me may be used in the official mod release, but I will ask you first and give you credit.
As it is only an alpha version, there may be bugs, so let me know if you find anything wrong or have suggestions for improvements.

This is very nice! Id love to help

On 16/04/2017 at 11:42 AM, Minecraftvinnyq said:

it is a part of the model since its a skin,(mojang cares console and pe more |:-| ,jk)

the idea is like a voxel editor/creator, similar to the Discontinued Voxel Player models mod, as well like a complicated skin to edit textures, example this was the texture, MDDEBak.png

Ahh I see. Well currently models can be imported from Blender (and only Blender), but I'm planning to add Tabula support since that is the main modelling software for Minecraft. Both would allow you to create the kind of thing you're looking for I guess. 

On 16/04/2017 at 0:11 PM, leo6701 said:

This is very nice! Id love to help

Thanks!! Have you tried downloading and running the software?