Mine-Imator Face Change Mid-animation tutorial thing

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hallo. I was asked by someone on how I change my Minecraft character's face mid-animation (Clipy in Land, for instance), so I decided I'd make a teeny little tutorial.

Spoiler

Image result for the joker here we go gif

So, first, you create a character for as many different facial expressions you want (this counts the original skin), simply so that they are in the project (You can use a website like Miners Need Cool Shoes to make the skins). Then delete all of the characters but the original skinned one, just make sure you keep the skins themselves in the project.

Once they're in the project, that's the hard part over.

Spoiler

qucv6nS.png

Simply create a keyframe with the default skin (or your choosing), then create another keyframe somewhere after that. Then select your character and scroll down to texture. You should see this (but with your custom skins, not CLAPY and CLAPY SHIFTY 2):

z1HwYXU.png

Next, when you have the second keyframe selected, scroll down to texture and select whichever custom skin you have imported in the project. Then, ta-daa!

Spoiler

P3QxuU3.png

When you play back the animation, you should see the face (or whatever other change you did to the second skin) magically change! (You can also do this with individual body parts as long as you have the body part selected when changing the texture) If it doesn't work, you're doing something wrong.

I hope I explained it okayish. Bai.

5 minutes ago, CaptainClipy said:

What if you don't want to use a facial rig, huh?

Also this is much easier than facial rigs.

it is actually a thing of likings, i find using phonemes very frustating, that's why i use 3d rigs