Resoursas! A default resourcepack revamped!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Resoursas stuff  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should i fix first?

• Ore blocks (There's a grid-like pattern)
    • Obsidian (I've seen people hating on obsidian)
    • Another thing (Please comment what you'd like fixed)

ys33CAd.png

If you don't know what Resoursas is, it's a resourcepack i made that "fixes" ugly blocks; it's got the same default textures, but some of them are edited to be better-looking. This is a revamped version that works on 1.11. This version also fixes other stuff, like mobs. I'll be going through all the "fixed" blocks (and mobs) (Any missing "fixed" blocks from the previous version are going to be reworked. This is still in early-test)

iA4zGUw.png Bricks. (Finally, the last fix for the bricks. They're more reddish now)

Al5HGJk.png Glowstone. (This totally different from the previous fix. There's more glowing bits, and it's more yellow/orange-ish)

ECuP9Gd.png Lapis lazuli. (It's the same from the previous version)

Yn7o1pu.png Prismarine block. (The same thing with this one)

ebI6g5V.pngodKrlh4.png Birch. (The log is whiter, and the black bits are more greyish. The planks are whiter and softer-looking, like real birch wood)

Spoiler

Wyxtj6w.pngRlKPb8m.png

5ybScUs.pngkCAtbuV.pngMmaZAKs.pngV12g678.png Granite & Diorite. (They're not ugly now. Case closed)

Spoiler

uHEgO6r.png

eXZGztS.png Moss stone. (I remade it using the most recent cobblestone texture. The default Moss stone uses the old cobblestone texture)

Spoiler

2SY7jd4.png

dFPcTe1.png Watermelon. (ITS GREEN, MOJANG; NOT YELLOW)

Spoiler

UHwB9a7.png

i8FJsxg.png1SxpMwp.png Glowstone lamp. (It's a full redesign. Far better than the previous version)

Spoiler

5i60PMd.png

c7xRxOj.png Gravel. (Same from the previous version)

Spoiler

UR2ePdZ.png

kTr54dM.png Quartz block. (I removed the grid)

Spoiler

HdOiMTh.png

PmzTLUD.pngnaCqnmT.png Netherrack. (It's more like a bloody cobblestone now. Removed the red spots, did some tweaking in the colors)

Spoiler

tZAt5H5.png

wPrKrU5.png Smooth sandstone. (Now 20% more smoother)

Now, the mobs 'n' misc:

0oQCVXf.png3zWmk1i.png

(Pigs and cows don't have cross-eyes anymore. Pigs also have a more desaturated pink)

y9cJ5fM.png

(The Mojang logo looks like this)

(One of the small paintings was replaced with the Resoursas logo (A moon in a dark blue background)).

(The terrain/foliage colors are more desaturated)

*The dispenser/dropper missing a texture is fixed now.

DOWNLOAD

(Current version: Early-test 2)

For minecraft 1.11

Edited by willingsas

Just now, -StickyMations- said:

Wooo! So nice to know I inspired you to do this, cool :D! I use 1.10 but Imma see if it works...

Yeah; well, since so many people are using my resourcepack i wanted to not only update it, but to refix some blocks from the previous versions. :)

Just now, Lapis Productions said:

Nice dude!

Thanks!

While i don't quite like some of the changes, the actual texture work is very well done. It all seems like it could actually be official stuff. :thumbsup:

Except the birch but i mean who cares about birch amirite

Thanks!

(also, thanks for lettin me know about the birch. It really does look odd)

54 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

this will soon be obsolite...the resource pack i mean. 

What do you mean?

If you mean that it will be obsolete because it doesn't work on the newest version anymore, i'm working on an updated version.

Edited by willingsas

10 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

mojang is changing all the block textures. probabl 1.13. you can see some of them on jebs twitter

I've only recently seen the images with the new textures. I can definitely tell that some blocks are going to look ugly.