Dev update #9: 2016 wrap-up and new beginnings

21 hours ago, Milkcraft Animations said:

Will you add the 1.10 and 1.11 update mobs, items and blocks?

He said in the topic 1.0.6 is going to be the final update, so no. However, in 'Mine-imator: Community Edition' 1.1.0, there will.(Right now, only the blocks are in.)

So @david, now that you have this snazzy new job from finishing uni, how many days of the week can we expect you to be absent? Since with your absence, some Mine-imator related issues may not get resolved until much later.

Can you tell us (or me) about what this new project of yours will be like? You say it's an animation program not strictly limited to Minecraft, nor Gamemaker, though I wish to ask more on this:

• What engine will it be coded in? Maybe a brand new one ground up from C++?
  • What limits will be removed now that it's in this new engine, like new features can we expect for example?
  • How big will this project be? Will it start from your raytrace project in Uni, or will it be fresh? (assuming the engine is C++)

With the release of the community build, and it's two very active developers, do you ever plan to chip in from time to time in any way? (Like offering advice, or even helping code)

And one last question, the big one:

gimmi ur discord nerd

Thanks Dave, and I'll be on the lookout for your next project. You know where to contact me if you need beta testers. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

With the release of the community build, and it's two very active developers, do you ever plan to chip in from time to time in any way? (Like offering advice, or even helping code)

He's in a DM group with beta testers for the 1.1.0 release, and he's a big help with things I don't understand with the code. Also, he likely isn't going to chip in with features he wants because he wants to stay as far away as possible from GameMaker as possible. xD

20 hours ago, Nimi said:

He's in a DM group with beta testers for the 1.1.0 release, and he's a big help with things I don't understand with the code. Also, he likely isn't going to chip in with features he wants because he wants to stay as far away as possible from GameMaker as possible. xD

Well thats good. :) Good to see the project has oversight from him at the very least.

Good to hear that Mine-Imator is getting a successor, however, it is not clear to me if this program is going to have all the Minecraft assets by default (as in the textures, models etc) with constant updates as Minecraft releases new blocks etc, or it's just going to be a neutral animating program?

I think it would be a mistake moving away too much from the Minecraft niche. Like it would be great if it supports other stuff too, but it should include all the Minecraft stuff by default, and maintain the user friendly approach of Mine-Imator while fixing all the stuff that currently is limiting Mine-Imator due Gamemaker being hell (the visual limitations like the depth of field/fog/transparency problems, the sunlight range limitation, the crashes... etc). Then start adding all the cool features that we always dreamed with such as, inverse kinematics, being able to make a solid model out of a .schematic file so particles bounce on the surfaces of the map instead of on a simple plane etc, and support for more complex models than the good ol Minecraft models for those that want to make animations outside of the Minecraft aesthetics, but always remembering the Minecraft niche is what "makes" the program.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:22 PM, Caeden117 said:

So... that means...

C++ MINEIMATOR CONFIRMED!?!??!111!?

Considering he said "but it will definitely not be limited to Minecraft..." Probably not, but an animation software close to that!

4 minutes ago, ZerbGames said:

Considering he said "but it will definitely not be limited to Minecraft..." Probably not, but an animation software close to that!

you dont get the joke

C++ Mineimator was something David said he'll do a year or two ago, and never did (Probaby because of University studies and job) so it became a joke among some people, someone had to bring it back up

1 minute ago, Caeden117 said:

you dont get the joke

C++ Mineimator was something David said he'll do a year or two ago, and never did (Probaby because of University studies and job) so it became a joke among some people, someone had to bring it back up

Oh I knew he had those intentions.

I'm happy for you David, you're living the swedish dream :)

well since the community update is going to basically hold the future to Mine-imator wouldnt it be a good idea to have a easy way to find it, maybe have a seperate download link for it locked on the forums/Mine-imator dowload page

Edited by Lumie