Safety while searching for files for animations

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi, I am ALAN15154, a work in progress 3D animator and also a former victim of viruses. I am writing this message to remind you all to be safe in the internet, some time ago, just a few minutes ago, my anti-virus caught a probable Trojan horse hiding in an MC schematic. thew virus was quarantined and ultimately deleted. but before I terminated it. I took a screenshot of it to show you what can be encrypted into an innocent looking file right under your nose:

nUOKNtL.jpg

So after that, I decided to make this post to warn you to be safe when looking for your files to place in your animations. Remember, never enable cookies or plugins or even files to run or be downloaded from websites to you don't know or trust. don't trust any pop ups that warn you your computer is infected or is at risk of being infected or that you need to download a file to protect your PC, don't trust these pop-ads unless they are from your trusted anti-virus software, where they will only open a secure window. when in ad-fly, don't download the file in the middle, they may not be viruses but they can still cause trouble of do something you don't want them to do, just click the skip ad button when it says so, when downloading a big file, most anti-virus software will scan them. but don't always trust your anti virus unless you don't know what to do. remember before you click run or allow or even download: Do I know these people? Can I trust them? Do I know this program? And remember, the internet is not all dangerous, there are many trusted places where you can go, and remember to have fun when animating!

Edited by ALAN15154
blurred out some private info.

Planet Minecraft is one trusted website where you can get maps/schematics, i've used it few times (got an Nuclear Winter City for MGB, but it got cancelled), so i recommend that website.

Edited by Tiedemies1

15 hours ago, TheCryingSquid said:

Talks about safety,

shows his E-mail account for school in upper corner

i dont think here in the forums are some hardcore hackers tho, so he should be safe for now...

Edited by Tiedemies1