Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It says post teasers, so here's what I can think of. Hmm~

So the thing is, I know I said I was done with F.N.A.F., but as you can clearly see, "We're not done yet" means something contrary. I wonder what it is :whistling:

I wouldn't put as harshly as lying, but that is one way to put it ofcourse. So yeah, I basically lied. Anywho, I figured as a present for the people who do like F.N.A.F., I'd release what models I could by christmas and continue work on the rest afterwards. Ehm, I mean. F.N.A.F. is basically what made my channel to the (673)subs I have now. Not colossal as some, but definitely a huge jump from the 70 I had before I started working with F.N.A.F. included in my projects.

These funtime models are quite the project. They are SOOOOOO time consuming to make, it's not as much fun as other models, but well. I still have fun rigging and animating with them. And I hope you folks do too! :)

Here's the image of one of the current project.

Spoiler

C659dPq.png

Here is the finished product(of the head).

Spoiler

uTULYsT.png

Blah blah blah, use item rigging and other textures, boo hoo. Folks, why would I waste my time recreating a material that is EQUALLY useful to the smooth/gritty/fluffy textures minecraft offers to me? It seems like everyone who uses my models don't have an issue with it. As for the way I rig. Peeps. I know it's not requested of me to do so often, but before any of that grows, I actually find game building my rigs is a lot more fun than painting several layers on a screen. I find it fun, most of the time, but in this case I'll admit it's tedious. Just gonna note it wouldn't be any less tedious with item rigging or whatever is popular right now.

For the people who want to have an explanation about how I'm going by this(though who cares about the mechanics of it).

In the gameplay image, there are two endoskeleton heads. One has yellow/blue/pink blocks etc. This is a mapping method. I'll layer the face plates(this one has two in the game, so I had to overlay two layers(That was annoying)), and I'll rebuild each layer. I want to let you know, this is all done 'by hand', no symmetry mods, etc. The only external editing I did was cloning the endoskeleton head with mc edit. Everything done by hand, which is one of the reasons why this is so time consuming. Anyways, this 'by hand' thing means that I found a plot away from the head, and kept flying over to the mapping and back to the build to make sure I had the blocks in the right plates. This is especially important, because like I noted earlier, this rig has two layers of face plates(according to the game).

I'm working on the body right now(which is in the top right of the gameplay image) and this is the other reason why these funtime rigs are so time consuming. Because according to the game, the endoskeletons are.. all wires. AAAAALLLLL WIRES. This means a lot of placing and deletion of blocks, to get those up/diagonal placements. So this rig might be the only one done around Christmas, and I'll try to work on the rest afterwards.

For those of you who don't like F.N.A.F. I hope you appreciated the efforts put into this rig at least. If not, well that's fine as long as you're not biting my arm because of my choices, which are nearly reaching personal levels because of all the insults I get on them. ;)

(Also, I KNOW SPHERES DON'T GO WITH CUBES, I just don't care <3)

Sorry for my recent attitude, it's cold outside. :3 I try not to vent that to you folks. At any rate, I'm happy to be back into the F.N.A.F. system for a little bit, and although I know some of you aren't, I hope you enjoy my WIP and maybe would like to see the end result.

Ciao, folks. xD

This rig is going to be really laggy when it's done

Edited by XLCREEPER

Just now, LolDoge said:

I think this is bad. Never use schematics.

Glad you placed your opinion, but what's wrong with schematics? I find it much easier to create 3 dimensional figures as opposed to item rigging, which is many tedious layers. Mostly.

1 minute ago, XLCREEPER said:

Glad you placed your opinion, but what's wrong with schematics? I find it much easier to create 3 dimensional figures as opposed to item rigging, which is many tedious layers. Mostly.

I just don't like schematic rigs.

7 minutes ago, XLCREEPER said:

same and that way it can be a 1 scale instead of linking it to a block that is the rig

The problem with Schematics is that when they become too detailed they stand out among the rest of the environment (especially in our software) and look more bulky and rigid than a Rig that was made properly. There is a proper way to make Schematic Rigs, but the detail is too high here. A few thoughtfully placed voxels look way better than a mountain of slopes and edges.

Aside from that, I love the lip-syncing, not to mention the functionality of the Rig.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Emaniplex

Thank you all for your comments! ^-^ Schematic rigging and basic item retexturing is all I really know how to do, though. I'll take way too much detail as a complement haha(Although the program won't), and I'm pretty sure the results will please a few of you. This is going to be quite a performance heavy rig considering that everything under the plates is mesh of blocks. You can probably make those areas invisible though, if you don't intend on using them.

The only opening parts of this rig will be the chest and head, although I'm going to drop a second edition of just his endoskeleton sooner or later. That one will probably be reconsidered as Yenndo, however.

I'm not quite sure how to improve the performance output of the program when running these, but if any of you want to share, I'll be happy to try to follow up on that, provided it doesn't require scrapping the month of work I've put into this so far.

Second notes:

After this rig is finished, the order will go as follows:

-Funtime F.o.x.y.

-Circus Baby

-Ballora(Doesn't have blueprints; might not be produced)

-The other little ones(Minireenas, Bidybabs, etc.)

Ennard may or may not be produced, Supah.exe has a fantastic rig of that already made.

Edited by XLCREEPER

11 hours ago, XLCREEPER said:

Thank you all for your comments! ^-^ Schematic rigging and basic item retexturing is all I really know how to do, though. I'll take way too much detail as a complement haha(Although the program won't), and I'm pretty sure the results will please a few of you. This is going to be quite a performance heavy rig considering that everything under the plates is mesh of blocks. You can probably make those areas invisible though, if you don't intend on using them.

The only opening parts of this rig will be the chest and head, although I'm going to drop a second edition of just his endoskeleton sooner or later. That one will probably be reconsidered as Yenndo, however.

I'm not quite sure how to improve the performance output of the program when running these, but if any of you want to share, I'll be happy to try to follow up on that, provided it doesn't require scrapping the month of work I've put into this so far.

Second notes:

After this rig is finished, the order will go as follows:

-Funtime F.o.x.y.

-Circus Baby

-Ballora(Doesn't have blueprints; might not be produced)

-The other little ones(Minireenas, Bidybabs, etc.)

Ennard may or may not be produced, Supah.exe has a fantastic rig of that already made.

Darl has also made an amazing baby rig. You may not need to make one. This is your choice though, I just wanted to make it easier.

29 minutes ago, Malaki_Animations said:

Nicely done I was going to do something like this but never got to it.

so I got down voted just because I said I got scared by his video?

The video's purpose was to scare the audience not to make them laugh. 

I even tried to make a pun.

What kind of an idiot are you and are you starting a fight with me?

11 hours ago, Coolcookiecat said:

Darl has also made an amazing baby rig. You may not need to make one. This is your choice though, I just wanted to make it easier.

Yeah, his rig is awesome. The only reason I wouldn't be following that is because I'm straying from the player-scale designs.

Which is why it's so difficult to fit an MC character into my springtrap model.

5 hours ago, Malaki_Animations said:

I'm sorry? I don't think it's necessary to say Screw you! because you got jump scared. 

The 'screw you' I took as a joke, relax folks. It's all good.

1 minute ago, Malaki_Animations said:

Speaking of which I like your rigs. I think you should try to update most of them. Like do a poll of who you should update!

Someday, I'll try to build newer versions using item retexturing. For now, I need to at least finish one franchise in this style :)