How to Make Glowing Energy Fists/Scars

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I thought this would be useful to those who want to have energy glow.

1. Make a skin with just the energy (I just made a fist)

EqBXVSB.png

2. Open up MI and add your skin that doesn't have the energy

f0zU30g.png

3.Open up your energy skin and parent each limb to their counter part (may take a little moving around) and lock the energy limbs (everything will still work)

CpqNXkR.png

4. Select the energy limbs and make their brightness full. BOOM! (you can also add a light if you want)

c7AP3wB.png

(Random fight lmao)

11 minutes ago, Jovan0896 said:

Work on posing.

That's related to the tutorial... how?

As a tutorial, I think it needs to be fleshed out a bit more. It's a basic concept, which typically would be helpful to newcomers, but the tutorial isn't descriptive enough for newcomers. Also, the method (from what I could gather) is using a duplicate arm with the "glow" texture applied? If so, that would add unwanted complications to animating and having to bend both arms to keep the textures in sync. Using a custom item, or something like that, might help to simplify the animating process?

On 2016-12-03 at 11:25 AM, AnxiousCynic said:

That's related to the tutorial... how?

As a tutorial, I think it needs to be fleshed out a bit more. It's a basic concept, which typically would be helpful to newcomers, but the tutorial isn't descriptive enough for newcomers. Also, the method (from what I could gather) is using a duplicate arm with the "glow" texture applied? If so, that would add unwanted complications to animating and having to bend both arms to keep the textures in sync. Using a custom item, or something like that, might help to simplify the animating process?

I did not see this message at all. Sorry for the late reply and necropost. I said this to make the tutorial look more professional so the viewers trust the poster more and have a reassuring feeling that they are a professional or good enough to be making a tutorial.