The Mine-imator 'Community build'

On 3/29/2017 at 6:20 PM, BAC0NB0Y said:

I set it to gigantic and it's still pretty low quality with the sunlight range that I have to use in this animation.

SKIBBZ said in a tutorial once that he would scale everything up to 5 and then turn up the sulight range and blur the hell out of shadows to get a good result.

8 hours ago, Nimi said:

Why Cinema4D specifically?

Because you can download minecraft assets and get started quickly after you learn the basics.

I still prefer the simplicity of Mineimator, but Mineimator has some deal breakers such as the alpha glitch, sunlight range glitch etc (which apparently cannot be fixed)

Edited by moniker

1 hour ago, moniker said:

Because you can download minecraft assets and get started quickly after you learn the basics.

I still prefer the simplicity of Mineimator, but Mineimator has some deal breakers such as the alpha glitch, sunlight range glitch etc (which apparently cannot be fixed)

but Cineama 4D isnt free

Alpha glitch can be fixed and sunlight range idk what your talking about?

Edited by TheLionwarrior

but Cineama 4D isnt free

Alpha glitch can be fixed and sunlight range idk what your talking about?

No it cant. Alpha doesn't work throught glass panes and depth of field effect:

2qn19qd.jpg

This is an artistic deal breaker already. Pretty much any scene with depth of field and a single transparent texture is dead.

The sunlight range will also ruin attempts of doing scenes with distant objects:

Notice the flickering shadows (still happens even at the highest shadow settings, and when you make the sunlight range that far, objects near the camera cast even worse flickering shadows)

Those 2 are already deal breakers if you are trying to do something of minimal visual quality.

i need help makeing a anamontion its hard i need help someone to talk to on skype

sorry. i don't use skype. i would recommend try to find tutorials for mine-imator on youtube

use this: 

Why did you discontinue it?

I no longer have access to GameMaker: Studio 1.4 professional due to doing a clean install for my computer when upgrading to Windows 10 x64.(And YoYo Games, the company that made GM, pulled it from steam and their site.) David recently bought me GameMaker Studio 2(In return I have to make him a certain application.), but GMS 2 breaks a ton of things in the source.

I no longer have access to GameMaker: Studio 1.4 professional due to doing a clean install for my computer when upgrading to Windows 10 x64.(And YoYo Games, the company that made GM, pulled it from steam and their site.) David recently bought me GameMaker Studio 2(In return I have to make him a certain application.), but GMS 2 breaks a ton of things in the source.

Owe. That sucks

Well you technically already own it so it wouldn't be illegal to try and pirate that version, right?

I was borrowing from KeepOnChucking, and I believe it would still be illegal since they offer upgrades to 2.0 from 1.4.

Isn't downloading legal in America anyways? On every community that I have ever hung out on have to do this stuff all the time to finish our projects.

It's still illegal, and I already have my hands full with stuff other than the mod and have no plans to continue the mod nor give out its source.