The Mine-imator 'Community build'

Here is the glitch in action:

2qn19qd.jpg

I wish this got fixed. A lot of people leave this program for Cinema4D or whatever because of stuff like this. You are trying to be creative, but you get all those annoyances and end up pissed off and leave. Then you try Cinema4D, and miss the user friendliness of Mineimator and go back to Mineimator. Then you miss how Cinema4D renders everything as it should look with no glitches and go back to it. Then you get pissed off about how much of a convoluted mess Cinema4D is and you miss the simple layout of Mineimator... and this infinite loop continues.

If Mineimator solved all the visual glitches and the fatal errors, nobody would consider leaving unless you really want to go proffessional, but most people here do it casualy.

Ideally Mineimator should render things just as expected without the need to manually play with "render depth" values or anything which is not very user friendly in a program expected to be user friendly. It is logically understood that things will be rendered in a descending order starting from the PoV. The program should just know what to do.

Unfortunately it seems we are stuck with this mess because of GM, but hopefully we can find a solution. Im not sure if I understand your workaround and how it would ultimately look within MI but it's a start.

Edited by moniker

41 minutes ago, moniker said:

Ideally Mineimator should render things just as expected without the need to manually play with "render depth" values or anything which is not very user friendly in a program expected to be user friendly. It is logically understood that things will be rendered in a descending order starting from the PoV. The program should just know what to do.

If the render depth was automated by the program, A LOT of rigs wouldn't work anymore. Also, about the DOF, as I said, MI thinks everything is solid, so it doesn't blur anything behind the glass, because it's solid, like a cube.

8 hours ago, TheLionwarrior said:

can you add so where you can key frame text then change it? its bugged me having to use a whole bunch of different text.

Can't, David set the text to be a timeline value. So I can't make it keyframe-able.

it doesnt want to open, thats what they say :

Spoiler

of Create Event
for object app:

Error defining an external function.
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_lib_init (line 18)
called from - gml_Script_app_startup (line 12)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_create (line 4)
called from - gml_Object_app_Create_0 (line 2)

11 minutes ago, ziyadkhalq said:

it doesnt want to open, thats what they say :

Reveal hidden contents

of Create Event
for object app:

############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_app_startup (line 12)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_create (line 4)

ZlQV9LZ.jpg

have you been extracted the mineimator community build.zip

if you have been extracted it

have you move those extracted folder to your user computer or something (i dont know)maybe a users folder:|

i dont know if this 100% working:(

15 minutes ago, PigmanMovie said:

ZlQV9LZ.jpg

have you been extracted the mineimator community build.zip

if you have been extracted it

have you move those extracted folder to your user computer or something (i dont know)maybe a users folder:|

i dont know if this 100% working:(

i have done all the things you said but.....i dont know, i'll wait until @Nimi fix this

uhh, I need help, obviously I don't use mods in mi a lot 

of Create Event
for object app:

called from - gml_Script_app_startup (line 13)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_create (line 3)

6 hours ago, SneakyUltraGamer_YT said:

uhh, I need help, obviously I don't use mods in mi a lot 

of Create Event
for object app:

called from - gml_Script_app_startup (line 13)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_create (line 3)

read the README file to know how to do a proper installation