Your early days in the forums

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

"becoming like you people."

What did you call me?

I'm not really a someone but just make stuff that you wanna make. The only real thing I have is challenge yourself every animation (try something new) to make it more fun to do. I started doing nothing new and it got boring quick. almost quit entirely.

Well, to be honest, I've tried to be popular here and with lots of rep, but, ya know, it didn't cut out for me. I got too lazy, and with school in the way, I simply had no time to make animations. Or wallpapers.

Well, at least I have the record for the first 1.0.0 wallpaper (which is extremely shit)

At my early days, the forums were quiet. Everyone could be a pioneer of something, and making a good rig was super difficult. Bending didn't exist either. I was practicing like hell to become a better animator, and to make some decent rigs. I didn't get much attention initially, and I was passed over people like Zeuxs who made better things. David was super talkative and appreciative to everyone who was there, listening and very interested in development of this program that's slowly growing. I don't think David had any idea just how large this program was going to get.

When it grew, I started to give on the community. It was changing and going in a direction I initially didn't like. A month later I had returned (with some help from Ayhay telling me this place hasn't burned down yet) and made the Mine-imator Armory, my most popular topic ever made. It was hot, and times were good. Summer in high school was good, and I had lots of free time. I worked on lots of projects, and became fully invested in the program. I grew, for quite a long time. Even during my downtime, I was still getting lots of appreciation.

New members started appearing and more overall content was being done. The servers switched a few times to accommodate the amount of people until we have our very strong server now. Lots of newbies who need help, and lots more of people who wanted to make things as well. Mods started dropping out of existence and the team needed help. I asked to join, and was obliged by David without any question on the matter.

A year later rolls @SKIBBZ and he starts taking the place by storm. The Amination Squad was big and I joined in on that bandwagon. In the end of that, I met people who would still give me some solid animation advice. While that's kinda a controversial topic for some, I really think it doesn't matter who they are. They helped me grow all the same.

Another year comes by that looks more like the present. I was 2nd best in terms of overall likes, and my hardships had finally come to a close. I quit the mod team to focus on school, and more new blood with more experience comes by and we have our place today. We found a medium that doesn't change too much overall but still feels like some kind of community. In the end that's what matters.

My position now is the most liked member on here. I don't think I'm done here, but I'm just mostly absent because of college work (my grades are kinda dropping, and midterms have already passed) Take it from me when I say this: This community may seem like it's full of itself sometimes, but they are often a great help to improvement. Don't give up on it yet.

Just now, ÜberKiller said:

At my early days, the forums were quiet. Everyone could be a pioneer of something, and making a good rig was super difficult. Bending didn't exist either. I was practicing like hell to become a better animator, and to make some decent rigs. I didn't get much attention initially, and I was passed over people like Zeuxs who made better things. David was super talkative and appreciative to everyone who was there, listening and very interested in development of this program that's slowly growing. I don't think David had any idea just how large this program was going to get.

When it grew, I started to give on the community. It was changing and going in a direction I initially didn't like. A month later I had returned (with some help from Ayhay telling me this place hasn't burned down yet) and made the Mine-imator Armory, my most popular topic ever made. It was hot, and times were good. Summer in high school was good, and I had lots of free time. I worked on lots of projects, and became fully invested in the program. I grew, for quite a long time. Even during my downtime, I was still getting lots of appreciation.

New members started appearing and more overall content was being done. The servers switched a few times to accommodate the amount of people until we have our very strong server now. Lots of newbies who need help, and lots more of people who wanted to make things as well. Mods started dropping out of existence and the team needed help. I asked to join, and was obliged by David without any question on the matter.

A year later rolls @SKIBBZ and he starts taking the place by storm. The Amination Squad was big and I joined in on that bandwagon. In the end of that, I met people who would still give me some solid animation advice. While that's kinda a controversial topic for some, I really think it doesn't matter who they are. They helped me grow all the same.

Another year comes by that looks more like the present. I was 2nd best in terms of overall likes, and my hardships had finally come to a close. I quit the mod team to focus on school, and more new blood with more experience comes by and we have our place today. We found a medium that doesn't change too much overall but still feels like some kind of community. In the end that's what matters.

My position now is the most liked member on here. I don't think I'm done here, but I'm just mostly absent because of college work (my grades are kinda dropping, and midterms have already passed) Take it from me when I say this: This community may seem like it's full of itself sometimes, but they are often a great help to improvement. Don't give up on it yet.

That.. That was actually inspiring. Scooby-Dooby-Good!

Lets just say that back in the day I was an immature idiot who cant spell proprely (Neither can I know). I post very frequently which most are cringey af topics.

How I got here? You mean how I became....this?  I just stopped posting for a while and eventually got into the stage of not touching Mine Imator.

Wow. I wish I was a veteran. Well I am what I would call a medium popularity member. People remember me, but only if I'm mentioned. I started with a wallpaper called A nice warm fire! Needless to say it sucked. @Echo. modified it to make it way better and that inspired me to start improving my wallpaper skills. At this point wallpapers were my strong point. After a bit of time on the forums I stopped wallpapering and starting volunteering as a VOICE ACTOR on alot of projects... most of which I was terrible at. My best performance was for a project made by @KoolProductions that I don't think has released yet. Nowadays I usually am too busy developing my own game to post but I occasionally put up a bit of music here.

i found MI on youtube, i searched for rigging tutorials, and i decided to rig, my first rig was about fanf (yeah, i know), later on, i was pretty much doing random rigs and "crazy rig packs", i stuck some time with phonemes (wich in my opinion was my worse stage), and later on, i started on just working personal projects and showing sneak peeks, after it, i got here, and am still doing it, so, just do what you're feeling to do, you'll become good at anything you want to be good at.

Well, you can say i joined-in pretty recently, in 2014.

Back then i would make "rigs" by making schematics and pasting 'em in mine-imator. They were horrible to say the least.

Then i kind of stopped visiting the forums for a while 'till some time in 2015. And then i started posting my test animations for some feedback.

Oh, and then i made a real rig, called WillingOS. It was a character themed around portal, my favourite game. I'm still proud of it.

And then there was a time where i made wallpapers. They were meh. Oh, and i started making roleplays. My most popular was Stranded. It's kind of dead now, but there's a sequel and it spawned in some spin-offs made by other people who enjoyed the absurdity of the roleplay.

And then.. I became a dank meme.

I mostly don't post anything mine-imator related now, but now i make textures, items, pixel-art and what-not. Y'know, the dirty job of rigging/making animations.

I currently have a resource pack with my (mostly good, but still bad) pixel-art talent, resoursas. 'Fixes some ugly blocks.

I discovered Mine-Imator thanks to this forum after a google search. David's work and the power of his freeware impressed me. I also remember when I discovered the new design made by Voxy... WOW!
I learned a lot by reading topics, tips.. and it's still the case today.

Ah, I remember. Early days. I remember how I joined in blind, I wanted to make my own Minecraft animations and I didn't even know about this forums until a month after finding Mine-Imator. I mainly made wallpapers of my characters that I made for Roleplays and stuff. I used to go by the name of Snivy Luck, which I deeply regret, and was also the name of my channel. It felt like a really friendly place at the time, it's like we were all friends. (Unless someone remembers Team Apples and Team Andy or whatever...)

Some cringe down below, piece of a REALLY old comic.

Spoiler

rfEdYcl.png

I made alot of friends with the roleplayers, like Tyford, Waylon, and Watcher, which were really nice to me when I first started roleplaying, and it made me feel like this was the place for me. Sadly, most of them have left to a skype group which I joined but I eventually left after losing interest.

After a while, no one was really... roleplaying there on the chat. Kind of a really bad time for me, I was really bored after a while. Basically my early days.

My first day was when I had my appendix removed and was recovering at home. I was very bored making animations so I went to the home page of mine imator and saw there was a forums for it. I was very scared at the time of the forum members. So I decided to play some of the silly fourm games. And what really opened me up to the community was the chat (now discord). I was really excited and met some of my best friends on the forums there. It really opened me up towards the community and have been a great part for many years now.