Goals in Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

OK, so im wondering what would be a good goal to set in mine-imator animation? (Considering that i have not the greatest pc, close enough money to get a good/decent pc) I'm looking for any goals like 200 frames per 2 days kinda thing. If u have a goal in Mine-imator feel free to drop it down below.

It really depends what the animation is and how fast you are at animating.

I honestly animate when I feel like it. I'll think of this massive project that I thought I will devote my life to and just forget about it the next day.

17 hours ago, AnxiousCynic said:

The main goal to have is: Be consistent.

If you make a lot of stuff, you'll be learning constantly. Don't fret over perfecting every little detail, just make as much stuff as you can, and eventually you'll look back and see how much progress you've made.

Oh hey anxious. wondering what the next tutorial animation compilation video will be. anyways, you're correct, be consistent. that's a main goal i have to set, to improve my animating skills.

On 10/4/2016 at 5:37 PM, AnxiousCynic said:

The main goal to have is: Be consistent.

If you make a lot of stuff, you'll be learning constantly. Don't fret over perfecting every little detail, just make as much stuff as you can, and eventually you'll look back and see how much progress you've made.

Doesn't help when people constantly *Complain* about every thing you didn't do and then say its just Criticism and don't take into account the feelings there hurting with there super negative comments. xD 

2 hours ago, -(Retro)- said:

Doesn't help when people constantly *Complain* about every thing you didn't do and then say its just Criticism and don't take into account the feelings there hurting with there super negative comments. xD 

You have to try and separate your feelings from your work, look at it objectively and try to see ways to improve it. If you consider that you probably want your work to be/get better even more than they do, you'll see their criticism as an asset, rather than an insult.

I didn't set myself a goal when I started animation. I wanted to make animations that were fun to make, and more fun to watch. It's an interest I have, and sort-of a hobby really.

If you intend to get serious and make good animations, train yourself to stay focused for longer. After a long day's work, it may be hard to want to sit down and animate for 4-5 hours in the day. I just spent last night setting up a scene, with posing, and that alone took several hours. I could very well stop there and just make it a wallpaper, but I don't want to sell myself short. So work on that endurance.

Also another goal is trying to animate in a higher tempo (A higher framerate really) Most people start animating in 24fps, which is all fine an dandy I'd say. However for good 3D animation, it needs to be higher. (30 tempo is good) You can get quick, precise movements this way with only a little more effort per second.

And finally, I'd say a good goal is to try and shoot for a longer animation each time. Some argue that establishing shots can make an animation seem longer, but if they were done well it's negligible to say the least.

I'm rambling now, but you get the idea.