Developer team for official releases?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So a lot of people have been suggesting of things for Mine-imator, but they've always got 'David isn't working on features for Mine-imator anymore, he's only adding blocks/ mobs.' in the comments, but 1.10 has came and 1.11 is on it's way, and no activity in Mine-imator releases has happened, and with Mojang deciding to push out Minecraft updates faster, it's a huge set-back on development. So, a good comeback to this would to get a(relatively small) developer team to help the development of Mine-imator be a bit faster than it is currently is now.

Pros: 

• Faster development.

Cons:

•  Mine-imator is no longer soley developed by the original creator(David).
Edited by Nimi

6 minutes ago, GamersOnVideos said:

ok. hey is your profile pic gif from shuriken school.. watched that show every day 5 years ago ;)

No, it's not.

6 minutes ago, Keep on Chucking said:

could also mean potential features like extra effects like post processing or things like multiuser @-@

If people from this said developer team know how to create such features, I guess? But, I guess since it's David's program, I think he would get the final say to what would be able to be in the program from any of the 'secondary' developers.

Edited by Nimi

It is sounding good, but we will need a good dev team. Ofc this could give us opportunities to add what the community want, but it could lead to "useless" features being added to this client. But overall this sounds great! I offer my help.

I have some experience with GameMaker.

Edited by NotAn...

I wouldn't mind a mod team becoming a real developer squad, but I think David should be able to oversee it to make sure it stays on track to what's best for the program and the community here overall.

Being in charge of adding blocks seems fine, but if they decide to get serious and pick up development some kind of direction/blessing from the original owner should be done. And it should remain as a donation-ware program as it always has been.