Advanced 3D Character Rig

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So there's only about 1.2 Billion of these, but I wanted to try and make something a little different - with "easy" customization - for my subscribers, so now there's 1.2001 Billion of these.

Used @Nimi's Mouth Rig doo-daad.

Video/How to use rig tutorial:

Spoiler

Pics (video shows it better):

mjlMrxy.png

bP7q7iK.png

18 minutes ago, blockerlocker said:

skindents? not very logical or visually appealing. there are several other things i could obviously complain about, but it's an efficient rig nonetheless. its just not very usable, much like most rigs, as the retexturing is so in-depth that people might as well straight up make their own rigs.

edit - i didnt actually care to read the topic or watch the video, but now i have, and it doesnt really help your case. firstly, you say you want something easy to reskin, but as i said before, this is clearly not easy to reskin. secondly, you admit to using someone elses rig, which youre not allowed to use according to his topic (and I quote)
"**You CANNOT re-release this rig claiming it's yours nor release a rig that includes this rig"
finally, after making the choice to watch the video, i learned you decided to add fingers to the rig, while not removing the finger lines on the skin already (making it look like he has fingers under his fingers,) and also making them below the arm, looking awkward and long. 

normally I don't so harshly criticize people, but youre actually one of the respectable people on this website, so id like you to know why i dont respect this topic.

Thanks for the feedback!

• The "Skindents" (I like that word...) were an experiment I wanted to try for the sake of extra 3D-ness. I don't know if even I "like" them per-se, but it's what I wanted to try for the rig.
  • I didn't say I wanted it to be easy to re-skin, I'm very aware how much more complicated it is with this rig; I said "customization" (perhaps animate would have been a more appropriate term?).
  • I was not aware Nimi included that clause in his topic. I did, however, see the mouth rig being used in other rigs (namely SKIBBZ, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, if he comments and wants me to remove it, I would be glad to. As noted in the video, though, I didn't reclaim it and even left the credit to his name in the rig itself.
  • That's a good point about the fingers. Should I revisit this rig, or a new one in the future, I'll try to keep that in mind!

15 minutes ago, Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) said:

I would suggest making the mouth area on the skin itself the face color because it's basically a mouth ontop of a mouth

Haha. I agree, but I wanted the rig to be based on the default skin. I assumed most (if anyone were to use it) would change it.

1 hour ago, Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) said:

I would suggest making the mouth area on the skin itself the face color because it's basically a mouth ontop of a mouth

Basically what I should have said.

1 hour ago, AnxiousCynic said:

Thanks for the feedback!

• The "Skindents" (I like that word...) were an experiment I wanted to try for the sake of extra 3D-ness. I don't know if even I "like" them per-se, but it's what I wanted to try for the rig.
  • I didn't say I wanted it to be easy to re-skin, I'm very aware how much more complicated it is with this rig; I said "customization" (perhaps animate would have been a more appropriate term?).
  • I was not aware Nimi included that clause in his topic. I did, however, see the mouth rig being used in other rigs (namely SKIBBZ, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, if he comments and wants me to remove it, I would be glad to. As noted in the video, though, I didn't reclaim it and even left the credit to his name in the rig itself.
  • That's a good point about the fingers. Should I revisit this rig, or a new one in the future, I'll try to keep that in mind!

Haha. I agree, but I wanted the rig to be based on the default skin. I assumed most (if anyone were to use it) would change it.

You should make the dents extrude.

Can you remove my mouth rig from the rig?

Edit: lemme explain why I'm saying that and why SKIBBZ got to use it;

Spoiler

SKIBBZ approached me with his 'add-on'/ facial rig for my mouth rig, asking if he could release it with my mouth rig, I figured nothing could go wrong, so I let him release it. But then half of the people that used the facial rig SKIBBZ made, thought SKIBBZ made the entire rig, leaving me out of the picture, despite the large amounts of times SKIBBZ said that I made the mouth part. And then people started releasing their own rigs with my mouth rig included, which is a bit frustrating when I said people can't release their own rigs with my mouth rig included in my topic in the first place.

Edited by Nimi
Added explanation

6 hours ago, Nimi said:

Can you remove my mouth rig from the rig?

Edit: lemme explain why I'm saying that and why SKIBBZ got to use it;

I'll be sure to do that asap.

If I may ask, though (and, believe me, I understand the frustration that would cause), is it not the point of sharing rigs for them to be used? Again, I understand wanting - and deserving - credit, but what's the difference between someone creating the same type of rig themselves vs using one that was already made? At least when people (such as SKIBBZ, with a larger following) use your rig, you have a chance of getting credit, whereas if someone sees they can't use it and then decides to create their own version, you stand much less of a chance of being credited for inspiring their rig.

Either way, I completely respect your wishes, and I'm sorry for not reading your topic more thoroughly to see that clause. As I said in the video, I actually had a more typical mouth rig but went with your design for simplification and even put your name on the Mouth rig within the Steve rig. So, I did my best to credit you as obviously as possible.

2 hours ago, Alinous Productions said:

It just kind of looks.... creepy. 

Haha. Maybe that's a good direction to go with it... Hmm...