How To Post Imgur Images In MI Forums

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, there has been a crowd about how Imgur can't support inserting images from forums anymore. Welp, here's a tutorial I made. This was also in my blog, and now it's also here.

Spoiler

For today… a tutorial! Especially helpful to people in the Mine-imator forums who started a commotion around when Imgur decided to “stop supporting forum links”. No, they haven’t actually. They just left no clues on how to. Hope this tutorial is helpful.

First off, create a New Post on Imgur. Wait for it to upload. After uploading, hover above your image and there will be a dropdown menu which button look like this: “V”

If you hover over that too, there will be 4 buttons that say “Edit image” “Get share links” “Download image” and “Delete image”.

You will want to click on the “Get share links” button. Once you click it, a window will open which has all types of links. You will want to copy the link of the “BBCode (Forums)” link. Once you do that, open your selected forum and put the link in the media tab (or “Insert other media” in Mine-imator Forums) and choose “Insert image from URL” or “Insert URL image” depending on your forum, and it will open a window.

Copy/paste the BBCode link and delete the writing that says img and /img. Click “Insert into post” or “Insert image” (depending on what forum you are on) and you’re done! The image will appear in your post/reply and you are done.

The result will look something like this:

c2WWNgV.png

I hope you liked this tutorial, and I hope this was helpful!

Edited by CubeTron23

28 minutes ago, GbStudio said:

This one

Oh. But he said instead of the img and the /img he said the " and the ". What's that supposed to mean? Also, I didn't know that tutorial existed.

Edited by CubeTron23

3 minutes ago, CubeTron23 said:

Oh. But he said instead of the and he said the " and the ". What's that supposed to mean? Also, I didn't know that tutorial existed.

Since the font is red, I think he meant that you shouldn't have the link without the img and /img at the end

Edited by GbStudio