Super Compatible Mouth Rig

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

19 minutes ago, Skjold said:

inverted black cube with 1% alpha cube inside it.. Pretty basic don't you think? :/

I didn't see anyone release it before and everyone still uses edited one-color skinned rigs that use colored cubes for cheeks and lips. So I'd thought I'd make a rig and release it to increase quality in animations. So I think the main factor here is that this basic, yet effective and easy-to-use rig is open to public for anyone to use.

20 minutes ago, Nimi said:

I didn't see anyone release it before and everyone still uses edited one-color skinned rigs that use colored cubes for cheeks and lips. So I'd thought I'd make a rig and release it to increase quality in animations. So I think the main factor here is that this basic, yet effective and easy-to-use rig is open to public for anyone to use.

Here's one that's released a while back: Varen's Alpha Glitch mouth rig. Hope that helps spark some ideas.

Also my old rigs used textured eyelids and mouthes. (And had more haunting eyes) The old rigger circumvented it by hiding most of the stuff in a beard, but it is indeed possible. Just not easy.

52 minutes ago, Skjold said:

inverted black cube with 1% alpha cube inside it.. Pretty basic don't you think? :/

Basic is not the same as bad. Basic rigs are fine in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

Here's one that's released a while back: Varen's Alpha Glitch mouth rig. Hope that helps spark some ideas.

Also my old rigs used textured eyelids and mouthes. (And had more haunting eyes) The old rigger circumvented it by hiding most of the stuff in a beard, but it is indeed possible. Just not easy.

I probably didn't see his rig because of old age, but hey, an updated version that has takes use of the Render Depth to take full control over the alpha glitch and is always nice I guess. :l

11 minutes ago, Nimi said:

I probably didn't see his rig because of old age, but hey, an updated version that has takes use of the Render Depth to take full control over the alpha glitch and is always nice I guess. :l

Well, yeah. I'm not discrediting your work, I think you did a fine job man. Even though I can't actually see the image as the school computers have imgur filtered.

Just now, ÜberKiller said:

Well, yeah. I'm not discrediting your work, I think you did a fine job man. Even though I can't actually see the image as the school computers have imgur filtered.

What image hosting sites are not filtered? I can try and get the images on them and see if you can see them.

2 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

Hey yeah, this isn't that bad actually. This will take some creativity to use well. While the sizing could be a limiting factor, it seems fine enough to be used well by experienced animators.

An issue I see is it doesn't have any sort of diagonal blocks on the edges of the face, So, Im not sure how its supposed to give any sort of emotion :/

Edited by Ninjabee_Redtricity

Just now, Ninjabee_Redtricity said:

An issue I see is it doesn't have any sort of diagonal blocks on the edges of the face, So, Im not sure how its supposed to give any sort of emotion :/

Perhaps two resized low-poly cylinder may do the trick. Most would be the size of an octogon, though that only makes it harder to animate.

5 hours ago, PixelFrosty said:

Is there anyway for it to have expresions?

yes if you do them your self in front of a mirror and you study your expressions and translate them to the rig example to make a confused face make the mouth a small square and make a eye brow strait and the other one bent and higher so yeah different movements make different exprestions

nC4IS4B.png

Edited by zinocat

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, zinocat said:

yes if you do them your self in front of a mirror and you study your expressions and translate them to the rig example to make a confused face make the mouth a small square and make a eye brow strait and the other one bent and higher so yeah different movements make different exprestions

nC4IS4B.png

I ment smile and frown :P