How do you stay motivated?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Just promise yourself you're gonna finish the animation...

But here's the secret: If you animate 2 seconds of animation in 3 minutes, and you don't want to keep animating for that day, then don't keep animating.

Don't rush, but promise yourself you're going to finish the animation.

Trust me, it works (I've been animating something for 7 months and I still don't quit).

By the way, why don't you make a status update asking this? seriously you've made 18 of these lol

2 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Just promise yourself you're gonna finish the animation...

But here's the secret: If you animate 2 seconds of animation in 3 minutes, and you don't want to keep animating for that day, then don't keep animating.

Don't rush, but promise yourself you're going to finish the animation.

Trust me, it works (I've been animating something for 7 months and I still don't quit).

By the way, why don't you make a status update asking this? seriously you've made 18 of these lol

Oh yeh xD my bad :P I didn't think of that...

If you are animating just for fun and not as a job, just make things that you want to make.

Don't force yourself to make something or your quality might fall. Lets say you just watched Deadpool and want to make a parody of it but you have plans to make something else.  Choose which one you are more motivated to make.

However, if you have a schedule job or time limit, this won't work. I am pretty lazy and only animate when I feel like it. If I had a job that required me to animate 3-5 hours a day, it would probably be more stressful than fun.

Animation is only for people that enjoy it. People that are ok with the fact that he/she will be sitting in front of a computer for hours everyday and are happy doing it.

Edited by GbStudio

There's a volcano under Yellowstone national park, it's one of, if not the biggest volcano in the world. It's over 2000 years late for an eruption, and when it goes off, it'll cover the world in ash, killing off roughly half the population of the earth.

It could go off any day now. I don't want to look back as I'm starving to death at all the work I've never finished, all the things I've never accomplished, all the projects I'll never be able to come back to. So I try my best to not give up, but sometimes my best isn't good enough. And I fall behind.

But among other things, it's one of my bigger motivators. I could die at any day, might as well get as much as I can done before then.

Edited by Mike