Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This was just something I whipped up during the trade day. Unrelated: I'm 73% complete now, expecting to finish in August. I'm unsure if I want to take the free college.

Images are pretty big so watch out.

FromVocEdS428c.png

FromVocEdSc8c4.png

So what do you think? (Despite muh poor drawing skills)

...So a cartoon way of simulating motion blur? :P

Kinda. I would have an image for a sword trail example, but using the internet here has plenty of blocked imagery.

It's more of a style choice for cartoony sword blurs. Yet I can think of a lot of uses for this kind of feature.

This is easy to achive with surfaces. I see no reason for this to be added. :/

For wallpapers, yes it is. For actual animation, no it is not. I have made a test for sword trails on my youtube channel using surfaces, and the biggest issue is I cannot achieve it without constant tracking of the original points.

I would provide a video of this, but where I am currently at youtube is restricted from viewing.

Excuse me but i trade marked the word concept  now get out and ima sue you.

On topic: Ayy lmao i remember you telling me bout this. It looks pretty dink

oh yeah, and @David

I don't think David will pick up MI right now, depending on if he's free or not. It's clear he needs a break from it for a while so people don't get the "add this" train on again.

You can perfect this even more, but here's an example on how to achive this effect with only a surface and one texture.

https://gyazo.com/c8906fb976de76b50e6f5c0af675f4a5

The gif is a bit choppy since its gyazo

EDIT

I might have missunderstood this topic. @ÜberKiller

Edited by Marten

On 6/15/2016 at 5:02 PM, Marten said:

You can perfect this even more, but here's an example on how to achive this effect with only a surface and one texture.

https://gyazo.com/c8906fb976de76b50e6f5c0af675f4a5

The gif is a bit choppy since its gyazo

EDIT

I might have missunderstood this topic.

I never thought of doing that lmao, 

On 10/12/2016 at 8:43 AM, The LuckyFox said:

I like the sketch. That's all I have to say really. The idea is as good as the sketch. bootyful.

I think this sketch is bad, but it gets the point across. I'm a bit like @David in how I have the will for these ideas but not the artistic skill to illustrate them.

And unlike him in the fact that I can't code.