Mine-imator - How to Export Your Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, a lot of people have been having a bit of a problem exporting their animation, so here's a tutorial.

(NOTE: I am running Mine-imator on Windows XP, your windows might look different but the layout of the software will be the same.)

Step 1: Start out with your finished animation. Here I have demented Darkbunny in a short .mani.

brCWEYG.png

Step 2: In the upper left-hand area of the screen, there's a collection of buttons. Choose the icon of a disk with a what looks like III or a filmstrip. Or, look below.

dzOX1kN.png?1

Step 3 - READ THIS ENTIRE PART OR THE IMAGE WILL MAKE NO SENSE. After clicking Export as movie, you will be prompted to 1. Save your .mani file and 2. Save your .avi file. Keep in mind that if your .avi file has the same name as your .mani file, the exported file will be found in the same folder as your .mani. 

After these prompts, you will receive this screen. Click OK.

lyKuPdp.png

Step 4: As the previous screen stated, do not click any options marked 'Uncompressed'. This will 1. render every frame, making the file massive and 2. Make the file incompatible. With anything.

I'd recommend Microsoft Video 1 as the codec, which is what I use. 

P93EPvk.png

Please READ THIS NEXT PART AS WELL. Clicking OK will result in another message box. Please, heed the message box's words. They are good. While rendering, do not, I repeat, do NOT exit Mine-imator, minimize Mine-imator, etc. Make sure that your computer will not go on Standby mode while rendering, as this will crash Mine-imator. Exiting/minimizing/going on standby will result in your animation looking like demented Darkbunny.

(you can, however, get out of your chair and do something else while it's rendering. This isn't the Ring.)

Aaaand that's pretty much it. There is another factor in this, though - Tempo. Check out Zuexs' post for more information.

That's it for now. Perhaps this topic can be pinned to maximize helpfulness? Just a suggestion.

Contact me if you have more questions.

-Steve

Don't forget to punch that qEatx6v.png button if this helped.

Edited by Stevepocalyptic

Not very helpful as I do all these steps, yet my avi is still a black screen, even though its over 100mb in size.

Are you sure you used Microsoft Video 1, and not anything marked 'uncompressed'?

do not click any options marked 'Uncompressed'. This will 1. render every frame, making the file massive and 2. Make the file incompatible. With anything

I have the same issue as Newbie, I am 100% certain I'm using Microsoft video 1 as the codec, and I've messed around with the tempo, and still get a black-screen video. :/ I do nothing in violation of this tutorial and it screws up anyway.

I'm using mine-i-mator 0.6.2 (I heard 0.7 demo is unstable so not going to hunt for that version's download link) and windows 7. I'm going to try opening it in moviemakers in case media player is the issue... But I don't think it is. :/

I have the same issue as Newbie, I am 100% certain I'm using Microsoft video 1 as the codec, and I've messed around with the tempo, and still get a black-screen video. :/ I do nothing in violation of this tutorial and it screws up anyway.

I'm using mine-i-mator 0.6.2 (I heard 0.7 demo is unstable so not going to hunt for that version's download link) and windows 7. I'm going to try opening it in moviemakers in case media player is the issue... But I don't think it is. :/

0.7 is not that unstable actually, If anything major bug fixes have been done, I suggest you give it a whirl.

Not very helpful as I do all these steps, yet my avi is still a black screen, even though its over 100mb in size.

yes mine two but then i got a graphics card and then it became a GREEN screen can anyone help 

by the way i`m using windows vista

Edited by silent_eagle03

I followed Zeux's steps (I think that is the name) for the animation tempo, and I seem to have a stranger problem.

1. My framerate is jumpy, so I decided to cut 15 in half for 7

2. Either the finished movie is still incredibly fast (even though I deliberately cut it in half) or it cannot open or play at all.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Should I pull every keyframe and use 20 as tempo for starting instead of 15 and render using 10?