Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey! So I was surprised on how there was no tutorials for this, so I decided to make my own text tut!

Video tutorial

Final result:

A7bdiKj.png

Note: FOLLOW EVERY STEP BY EVERY STEP HERE. It looks bad at the beginning.

Step 0: Set up your scene in Mineimator.

Step 1: Open your image in Photoshop (PS):

OL38e2R.png

Step 2: Create a new layer, then select your shape (in the new layer) using the lasso tool that the light will be in.  Now, select your fill bucket tool and fill that area.

VyvQEif.png

Step 3: Light isn't that straight forward, we need some kind of blur: Add Gaussian blur: Go to filter>Blur?Gaussian blur. Set it at a radius of 15->30. Your choice, choose what looks best.

w4VzsZj.png

Step 4: Light is opaque. Change the opacity of the layer. lower it to what looks best.

RDE9nV0.png

Step 5: Create a layer mask by clicking the little icon at the bottom of the layers panel.

FGeJTgH.png

Step 6: Light fades. So we want to make it fade. To do so: Select your gradient tool. And make sure the type of gradient is "Black to transparent" is selected. Now drag from the beginning of your light ray, to around half of it. This will make a fade effect.

EZ6RXJA.png

Step 7: Do this on all other windows. Higher the opacity if needed.

Your're done!

As I don't have photoshop on my current system, it would be nice to know in the title that an external program is needed. It would be a nice clarification before I click

1 minute ago, GbStudio said:

As I don't have photoshop on my current system, it would be nice to know in the title that an external program is needed. It would be a nice clarification before I click

You can get the same thing out of Paint.Net (which is free.)

Just now, BAC0NB0Y said:

You can get the same thing out of Paint.Net (which is free.)

The point is that the title should say that an external program was used. I was interested in this post because I thought that there was a way to do the sun rays IN Mineimator

15 hours ago, LolDoge said:

y u rick rol me?

Cuz

16 hours ago, DigitalEvorian said:

Error: ineffecient ownage of PhotoShop.

I got it for free, all you do is download the trial and replace a dll with one you can download from the internet and replace it with the one already in PS. SInce dlls are not extractables, then it can't be a virus, unless you download an exe.

10 hours ago, AbAppletic said:

I'm going to make a paint.net guide. @ÜberKiller I willl post it in here. Or should I create a separate topic?

All depends. If the paint.net guide has to do with Mine-imator, it will be fine. However if it has to do with starting up in paint.net more, then don't post it here.

17 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

All depends. If the paint.net guide has to do with Mine-imator, it will be fine. However if it has to do with starting up in paint.net more, then don't post it here.

Yeah, I'll just create a new post, since it's a completely different story than PS