I think I cornered a "Fatal Error" (downloadable project inside) (Mineimator 1.0.6)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I was going nuts with the random fatal errors in my project, so I started a project from scratch. Imported my scenario, imported the background settings, and added the characters again from scratch (so they wouldn't distort the timeline making it too long, in case that was what was making the fatal error happen)

Anyway, I kept deleting things and it all comes down to what you see, the background keyframe.

What you need to do to recreate the bug is simple:

1) Open the project

xp8z7l.jpg

2) Load a block (I used the grass block in case you want to do exactly like me)

13yni3a.jpg

3) Load another block (another grass block) and move it

30rwcuw.jpg

That's all, you should get a Fatal Error.

2a80npk.jpg

I have tried this in 2 different computers and the error still happens.

I hope @David can get something useful out of this, because I get those in several situations, at this point it has become unusable, sometimes the error happens right after I open the project. So im back on 1.0.5 and I have not experienced any of those fatal errors. Im afraid there is something terribly wrong going on. I hope you can find out whats up and fix it soon in 1.0.7 because 1.0.5 lacks stuff I need like Alex and so on.

The log doesn't seem to show anything relevant, here are the last lines:

12:30:10 load_iid_offset: 0
12:30:10 Templates: 2
12:30:10 Timelines: 1
12:30:10 Resources: 0
12:30:10 Get template iids
12:30:10 Get particle type iids
12:30:10 Get keyframe iids
12:30:10 Get timeline iids
12:30:10 Build trees
12:30:10 Reset read positions
12:30:10 Update program
12:30:10 Project loaded
12:30:13 Action: action_bench_create
12:30:13 Created: block
12:30:15 Action: action_bench_create
12:30:15 Created: block
12:30:16 Action: action_tl_select
12:30:16 Action: action_tl_select
12:30:18 Action: action_tl_select
12:30:18 Action: action_tl_frame_pos
12:30:19 Action: action_tl_select
12:30:20 Action: action_tl_frame_pos

What I have noticed is that if you delete the background keyframe, save the project, open it again and try to do the same thing, it doesn't crash.

The problem is it isn't really the background keyframe... if I tried to do the same thing (deleting everything and leaving for the example the camera only) I still got crashes. So it's not as easy as "just go to your project, delete the background keyframe, save and open it again and put the background keyframe again". This goes deeper. The software is screwed and unstable, this needs to be inspected to know what's going on.

Another weird stuff is, if you load 2 humans, the second human will move and will not crash, but if you load a third one, it crashes.

Items crash just like blocks (load 2 items in a row and move the second item and you get the same crash).. go figure.

download project and try for yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll8bdmkm56wfy8h/crashtest14.rar?dl=0

Update: Same error in a 1.0.5 project (see page 2):

lrhL3R8.gif

Test here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9hdjkp71fq10cm/105bug.rar?dl=0

Edited by moniker

2 hours ago, Skjold said:

Just tried. Doesnt happen to me. Could also be cause I'm using an older 1.0.0 version.

27d257ebc4777128ffddc92308a14742.png

You were able to open it in an older version? If I try to load it in 1.0.5, it says "This project was made using a newer version of Mine-Imator. Update the program to load it." so weird that you can open it with older versions but not a version that is only a release away...

Anyway, like I said before, this is supposed to be tried on 1.0.6.

Wait, I don't see the background object in the timeline. Did you even read my thread?

Edited by moniker

On 16/5/2016 at 3:44 PM, AbAppletic said:

It's perfectly fine for me. System specs?

Did you download my project and do as I said? are you using 1.0.6?

I have tried this on two different computers, my laptop and my desktop, one has an i5 with an nvidia card, other has a quadcore with a r7850 AMD card, both have 4gb of ram and both win7.

On 5/17/2016 at 4:59 PM, moniker said:

Did you download my project and do as I said? are you using 1.0.6?

I have tried this on two different computers, my laptop and my desktop, one has an i5 with an nvidia card, other has a quadcore with a r7850 AMD card, both have 4gb of ram and both win7.

Reinstall mineimator? Else contact @David or @Frossa

22 hours ago, AbAppletic said:

Reinstall mineimator? Else contact @David or @Frossa

I have tested it out on different computers, and yes I tried reinstalling anyway.

I included the project and the instructions to recreate the bug so people would confirm that it's indeed happening, but apparently nobody cares to read the thread.

David should have seen the thread by now since he got mentioned and I hope he looks at it.

Im just using 1.0.5 while they fix this. 1.0.5 has not given me a single fatal error yet, but I hope 1.0.7 is released soon with all the fixes, 1.0.5 lacks the 1.9 content and I need the new rendering formats.

Edited by moniker

22 hours ago, moniker said:

I have tested it out on different computers, and yes I tried reinstalling anyway.

I included the project and the instructions to recreate the bug so people would confirm that it's indeed happening, but apparently nobody cares to read the thread.

David should have seen the thread by now since he got mentioned and I hope he looks at it.

Im just using 1.0.5 while they fix this. 1.0.5 has not given me a single fatal error yet, but I hope 1.0.7 is released soon with all the fixes, 1.0.5 lacks the 1.9 content and I need the new rendering formats.

Who said I didn't download it? :|

I specifically said "It's perfectly fine for me. System specs?"

On 21/5/2016 at 8:47 PM, Blue Chocolatebar said:

This does indeed crash for me too.

I believe the Background object is the culprit of this.

Im not sure about that.

On 14/5/2016 at 2:36 PM, moniker said:

The problem is it isn't really the background keyframe... if I tried to do the same thing (deleting everything and leaving for the example the camera only) I still got crashes. So it's not as easy as "just go to your project, delete the background keyframe, save and open it again and put the background keyframe again". This goes deeper. The software is screwed and unstable, this needs to be inspected to know what's going on.

Like I said before, even if it may be the background on this particular case, those fatal errors are coming from left right and center. There's something really wrong with the software, and im yet to experience a fatal error with 1.0.5 so it may be something added recently.

15 hours ago, Joelrat said:

The error doesn't load for me. It's something to do with your desktop and laptop/version of Mine-Imator. Maybe you don't have the correct things installed?

Then what is this:

I've tried on DIFERENT COMPUTERS with freshly downloaded mineimators and it crashes, so chances are you are not following my steps correctly.

Edited by moniker

I downloaded the project, loaded the blocks, and moved them. It doesn't work for everybody.

I'm following your specified steps.

Like here:

On 5/16/2016 at 8:44 AM, AbAppletic said:

It's perfectly fine for me. System specs?

Do those freshly downloaded Mine-imators have all the necessary things installed in the first place? It might be a problem with both computers too. I don't know. Specs for each?

Are they both Vista like this?: 2a80npk.jpg

THAT'S YOURS BY THE WAY.

Edited by Joelrat

20 minutes ago, Joelrat said:

I downloaded the project, loaded the blocks, and moved them. It doesn't work for everybody.

I'm following your specified steps.

Like here:

Do those freshly downloaded Mine-imators have all the necessary things installed in the first place? It might be a problem with both computers too. I don't know. Specs for each?

Are they both Vista like this?: 2a80npk.jpg

THAT'S YOURS BY THE WAY.

No, my screenshot is Windows 7, not Vista.

What does "have all the necessary things installed in the first place?" mean? I just download them and run them, what else do I need?

And i've tried both the exe and compressed versions, both crash.

I just find myself lossing a lot of time every now and then when I add new stuff and move it and the animation crashes, I can't pin point what it is, and it's not only me as we've seen here. Im under the impression there is something really wrong with the software.

Edited by moniker

1 minute ago, moniker said:

No, my screenshot is Windows 7, not Vista.

What does "have all the necessary things installed in the first place?" mean? I just download them and run them, what else do I need?

And i've tried both the exe and compressed versions, both crash.

Do you have Direct X?

Edited by Joelrat

1 minute ago, Joelrat said:

No idea what the problem is then.

My laptop which is the other computer I used, has an nVidia graphic card.

My desktop which is my main computer, has an AMD graphic card.

This rules out graphic card brand (drivers) related problems.

Both have Win7 tho. You said you are sure you followed my steps and you did not get the crash, the only difference I see is you use Windows Vista, so maybe someone that uses Vista can try and see if it works?

What operating system are you running?

1 minute ago, moniker said:

Both have Win7 tho. You said you are sure you followed my steps and you did not get the crash, the only difference I see is you use Windows Vista, so maybe someone that uses Vista can try and see if it works?

No I have Win 7. I thought you had Vista from the theme you have on Win 7 in the screenshots.