Saving multiple objects at once

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Sometimes I have to save multiple objects to export to another different project, and I have to go one for one, selecting them, then pressing "Save the selected objects" which is a waste of time. The program should be able to save all the selected objects at once, and in case there are several objects with the same name just automatically adds a number on the filename so it doesn't overwrite. For example there are 3 "Zombie" and you save all the objects at once, the program creates 5 filenames with the objects: "Zombie", "Zombie (1)", "Zombie (2)".

btw, I just realized the program can't also import several objects at once, so there you are again importing one by one which is hell. Please, allow multiple export and import at once.

ps: im getting this crash when importing some of my objects pretty randomly:

of Draw Event
for object app:

trying to index a variable which is not an array
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_project_read_get_iids (line 90)
called from - gml_Script_asset_open (line 117)
called from - gml_Script_action_toolbar_import_asset (line 7)
called from - gml_Script_toolbar_draw_button (line 15)
called from - gml_Script_toolbar_draw (line 80)
called from - gml_Script_window_draw (line 9)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_draw (line 7)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_0 (line 2)

Edited by moniker

Animation is a hard task. There are the fixable inconveniences but some are just there. If you dont like it so be it but this fix will be hard to code and no software (not even government ones) can do this.

1 minute ago, DanDaAwesome said:

Animation is a hard task. There are the fixable inconveniences but some are just there. If you dont like it so be it but this fix will be hard to code and no software (not even government ones) can do this.

what

5 minutes ago, moniker said:

So Cinema4d can't import multiple objects at once?

What's so difficult about it? you just have to make the program load them one by one.

Well I dont use cinema 4d so I shouldnt know plus loading them 1 by 1 is the same as individually loading them almost

Just now, DanDaAwesome said:

Well I dont use cinema 4d so I shouldnt know plus loading them 1 by 1 is the same as individually loading them almost

Then why did you say "nope".

Any program that's decent will load several instances at once, you are wasting my time.

26 minutes ago, moniker said:

Then why did you say "nope".

Any program that's decent will load several instances at once, you are wasting my time.

Well.... I just wasted loads of time. If you think you have had time wasted I have had more time wasted. I spend 2/3 of a year wasting time on average. What even is this topic now?!

On 9/5/2016 at 9:19 AM, David said:

Shift click or click and drag to select multiple objects and they will all be saved and imported.

Doesn't work, it only saves the last selected object.

I also find annoying that if you are trying to load multiple resources, like a bunch of skins you are going to use, you need to do them one by one because you can't select multiple files on the window.