Eye movement (NO RIGS)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I found a way to make eye movements without rigs! I don't know if this has been used before, but here it is:

Grab a skin .png file and open it in any skin editing software that you use (for example, paint.net) Plop yoir skin down and do the following:Edit your skins eyes in these ways (Squinting up, down, looking left, right, closing eyes up and down.) on different copies of the same skin

Next, create one main human in mine-imator, and create copies of that human with these eye edits, make sure to hide the copies!

Create a first keyframe At 0. You then select any frame which you want your human to blink, for example, 5. Select the human and go under texture, it should let you change your humans skin to steve, and any other human in the project (this is why you need the copies). In this example, you would select frame 5, set the skin to eyes closed, and at frame ten, set it back to open. Repeat this at different frames for a cycle. I hope this helped you and gave you some ideas! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! (Link to youtube video will come soon for an example of a finished product)  NOTE: skins with two pixel eyes are disadvantaged to only looking both directions and closing. Face rigs are a slightly difficult alternative.

Edited by OfficialMCQP
Missed Feature

4 hours ago, OfficialMCQP said:

Ah, ok :S i thought someone wouldve known this. Im a noob like you said, but i find this way really easy compared to facial rigs. Maybe this will help other noobs like me :sweat:

don't worry, anybody learns with time, i, by example, the first thing i did was a rig, and it was horrible.

15 hours ago, OfficialMCQP said:

Ah, ok :S i thought someone wouldve known this. Im a noob like you said, but i find this way really easy compared to facial rigs. Maybe this will help other noobs like me :sweat:

11 hours ago, BBruno7815 said:

don't worry, anybody learns with time, i, by example, the first thing i did was a rig, and it was horrible.

Yep, my first rig:

9WCWGd5.png

I mean, its PRETTY GOOD, but...

Newest:

LtKZoiF.png

So yea.

Edited by Astro Animations
Twice. Typed it Twice.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:50 AM, OfficialMCQP said:

And also click on quote to answer people! So they can get a notification when you answered them xD

On 2/8/2016 at 8:28 AM, Astro Animations said:

I know, it isn't... but it's still cool... lots of people use it dood...

And? Don't mean to spark anything, but I don't see that as anything.

In my own opinionwhat else would it beit looks rather ugly and highly un-natural. I would prefer it if it were farther down. In the wrist area perhaps. hint hint

21 minutes ago, Pokekights said:

And? Don't mean to spark anything, but I don't see that as anything.

In my own opinionwhat else would it beit looks rather ugly and highly un-natural. I would prefer it if it were farther down. In the wrist area perhaps. hint hint

Oh my gosh, I'm not a BloxTheRigger yet ok? Sorry it isn't the best!