Tutorial: 3D Text In Mine-imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So there's been a lot of people saying that 3D text should be added to MI. And not much has been heard from David regarding 3D text, and there's a fairly easy work-around to get 3D text working in Mine-imator version 1.0.0 FULL and further versions in the future.

Step 1: Open your preferred photo-editing program, it MUST support transparency or else this won't work. (I'm looking at you, MS Paint.) I personally prefer Paint.NET which can be downloaded for free here: http://www.getpaint.net/index.html (Other programs like Adobe Photoshop work too.)

---

Step 2: Create an image and delete everything, leaving nothing but transparency left. It should look a bit like this.

Spoiler

q4sJPB5.png

---

Step 3: Select the text tool from the toolbar, and select the font(Works with any font) you want to make 3D. Before you type anything, disable "Antialiasing". Now type whatever text you want to be 3D.

Spoiler

ewHMTzV.png

PhrE5tD.png

---

Step 4: Save the file as a .png or .jpeg file and name it whatever you want.

---

Step 5: Open Mine-imator, create a new project(optional), click the crafting bench in the top left corner and click the sword.

Spoiler

fWfc4fe.png

---

Step 6: Click the button next to "Image:" and click "Browse". Select the image you created in your editing program and click open. As you can see, nothing shows up in the window. Continue to step 7.

Spoiler

ydmTIcK.png

---

Step 7: Click "Create". Now, un-check "Use as sheet" and you should see some serious results.

Spoiler

UK8jiwy.pngJ2MJzP9.png-

---

Step 8: Profit! Re-scale and re-color to your liking. Enjoy using 3D-text! 

Spoiler

aZAB349.png

Edited by PikaMasterzMC