Screwed: Glass makes objects disappear

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I can't seem to find a way around this. Objects behind glass (it seems only coloured glasses) disappear. It seems to be totally random. I thought I fixed it after closing and opening Mine Imator but nope, other objects disappear when I look at them throught the glass, or if im looking at glass through glass it also disappear.. it's a mess.

At this point I don't see a way around it. I could remove all the coloured glass panes and glass blocks on mcedit, then re-import the scenary without them and replace them with mine imator placed blocks... a total waste of time because it seems mine imator blocks aren't 1:1 in scale to the imported schematic from minecraft so I could need to adjust manually. There's no hope in waiting for an update since god knows the new version will come in.

Now im stuck with this project until the update happens, or I can be bothered to do what I said, and I don't even know that will work since even mine imator spawned glasses may cause problems (haven't tested yet).

Edited by moniker

17 answers to this question

No matter what, there's always some glitch happening, no matter how many times I restart... im screwed.

1. Watch your tongue, this is a PG-rated forum.

2. If this glitch can't be avoided, I can make your manual placement of the colored glass around your Schematic a whole lot easier. Just create a tinted glass pane in whatever color you choose. Place it wherever you need a whole string of them. Then go to your Library and select that glass pane. Click on the "Repeat" check box and adjust the X or Y or Z value until your infinite glass panes fill up the holes in your Schematic.

Once again, you are welcome! Now give me that Like you owe me from your question about Camera perspectives!  :D

1. Watch your tongue, this is a PG-rated forum.

2. If this glitch can't be avoided, I can make your manual placement of the colored glass around your Schematic a whole lot easier. Just create a tinted glass pane in whatever color you choose. Place it wherever you need a whole string of them. Then go to your Library and select that glass pane. Click on the "Repeat" check box and adjust the X or Y or Z value until your infinite glass panes fill up the holes in your Schematic.

Once again, you are welcome! Now give me that Like you owe me from your question about Camera perspectives!  :D

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mini-mod, or to say welcomes when no thanks have been given. In fact, if you really are in this to help people, why the need for likes? Pay it forward man.

No matter what, there's always some glitch happening, no matter how many times I restart... im done for.

This happens, and honestly it's based on luck. It's better to just make tinted windows lack transparency. I can make you a texture sheet sheet for that, however it rids of animated fire textures along with lava and water.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mini-mod, or to say welcomes when no thanks have been given. In fact, if you really are in this to help people, why the need for likes? Pay it forward man.

This happens, and honestly it's based on luck. It's better to just make tinted windows lack transparency. I can make you a texture sheet sheet for that, however it rids of animated fire textures along with lava and water.

I reported someone once and I didn't see anything happen. I still don't know how reporting works, but I don't report on newbies because throughout the internet, profanity is almost always acceptable. I guess I didn't know how lightly you guys treat reports...  :sweat:

As for my Like requests, my first two were made today, and you literally found the second one. After I recently got 70 in total, I felt a little empowered to get morr!  :D

I reported someone once and I didn't see anything happen. I still don't know how reporting works, but I don't report on newbies because throughout the internet, profanity is almost always acceptable. I guess I didn't know how lightly you guys treat reports...  :sweat:

As for my Like requests, my first two were made today, and you literally found the second one. After I recently got 70 in total, I felt a little empowered to get morr!  :D

I get that the mods are rather slow, but they are still getting used to the new forum software. And yeah I also get people like to swear elsewhere, but they just like to keep things PG here since kids use the forums. It's for professionalism really among other things.

And finally, I don't think getting a like is worth it until you've actually solved his issue, or at least brought enough light to where the user is satisfied with the answer. It's their choice after all, not mandatory.

When you want to have a object with transparency (tinted windows) save and re-open the animation then add them. Save and re-open again to start adding things that aren't transparent

Well, what happens if in a scene there is a plane that has 3 transparent tinted windows one behind the other in line?

I wonder if David could release a hotfix for this only? because apparently its already fixed.

I want to test how does it look with a non transparent tinted glass. I already got the texture from the minecraft .jar folder and removed the transparency. How do I apply it into the schematic so I don't need to place the blocks manually?

I would basically need a default 1.8.8 texture pack without transparency on the glasses, but I can't find the default texture pack in "sheet" format.

I want to test how does it look with a non transparent tinted glass. I already got the texture from the minecraft .jar folder and removed the transparency. How do I apply it into the schematic so I don't need to place the blocks manually?

I would basically need a default 1.8.8 texture pack without transparency on the glasses, but I can't find the default texture pack in "sheet" format.

Try looking in the "Other" Folder in the Mine-imator Folder. Not sure if you'll find tinted glass... But you can always replace the default glass with the texture that you have.  ;D

EDIT: Other and then go to "Textures"

Edited by Emanatronic

Whatever, randomly reloading it seems to fix some of the objects but others dont.

I think the glitch has something to do in the order the timeline is loaded, and it seems Mine Imator loads objects totally randomly each time you open it thats why sometimes some objects will go throught the glass and sometimes it doesn't. It seems the objects that are behind the glass need to be loaded first then the glass. But since it's all random it's a big mess.

Edited by moniker

Whatever, randomly reloading it seems to fix some of the objects but others dont.

I think the glitch has something to do in the order the timeline is loaded, and it seems Mine Imator loads objects totally randomly each time you open it thats why sometimes some objects will go throught the glass and sometimes it doesn't. It seems the objects that are behind the glass need to be loaded first then the glass. But since it's all random it's a big mess.

It flips the order on the the timeline each time.

There's no way im going to be able to do this.

David please release a hotfix that fixes this so my work from 5 days nonstop is not worthless (until you release the update which may be months from now).

I cant render the video unless the alpha problem is solved, its really frustrating.