I'd say because a lot of wallpaper makers (myself included) fail to realize these tips and shoot out easy-peasy wallpapers. (Flatgrass, unnatural posing, few details)

But you don't really need a guide on these things. Take me for example. I just learned most of these things  myself and I just had some people guide me with lighting

But I can understand if there are those people that dont like to spend 3-5 hours on wallpapers.

and lighting is not included in this guide so... needs a little fixing

But you don't really need a guide on these things. Take me for example. I just learned most of these things  myself and I just had some people guide me with lighting

But I can understand if there are those people that dont like to spend 3-5 hours on wallpapers.

and lighting is not included in this guide so... needs a little fixing

There isn't a need for it in a tips and tricks section? That questions the idea of getting help.

I get that learning can come from experience, but passing on the info saves a lot of time. I spent 8 years animating, but helped a friend get better in a matter of months with my help. doctors hate him!!!11!1!

The point is, these are basics. Many people don't know the basics.

Also we do need a lighting guide here, but it could take a while to go in detail about how lighting is done properly.

Why do you think whenever I have the chance too. I give some criticisms to actually help them improve.

That helps, but when people seek to improve they can easier look up a tutorial or ask for help from someone they know who is good at what they do. A PM can be super in-depth, but a tutorial targets a more people. Voxy clearly intended to target this to the community because wallpapers need revision around here, and it makes a bigger message than what criticism on every post can do.

Hey guys!

Quick update to announce that I decided to start working on this thing again! I've just spent hours redesigning this topic and all of my previous tips, as I felt like the illustrations just weren't high-quality enough. I hope you'll like it!

I also added a new tip, about filters! Enjoy. :3

zB1j0tl.png

1 minute ago, Voxy said:

Hey guys! Here's a new tip for all the @SKIBBZ wannabes! (and maybe SKIBBZ himself too, sometimes)

Dn6Qemq.png

No offence, but the title of this picture said "how to use lens flares properly" but you didnt teach how, you just showed one of the many ways to apply it with a tip at the bottom that can apply to almost any effect in existance, Im not trying to but a butt or anything but if many people are gonna see these I want it to be accurate and useful.

Just now, Cryotivity said:

No offence, but the title of this picture said "how to use lens flares properly" but you didnt teach how, you just showed one of the many ways to apply it with a tip at the bottom that can apply to almost any effect in existance, Im not trying to but a butt or anything but if many people are gonna see these I want it to be accurate and useful.

I feel like you're just trying to defend SKIBBZ (or yourself).

The tip is basically "don't abuse them" because that's something too much people do.

1 hour ago, x3j50 said:

"But the real question is "how do you make lens flares?""

-Photoshop noob 2016

That would require a more detailed tutorial, which isn't the goal of this topic, sorry. :P

Well this is amazing :3...

Problem is the fact that it said Don't Use Filters part

Well I have to both agree AND disagree at the same time

It's agreeable enough to not use Filters because like as you said you can't use it to replace your Mediocracy but

It's not agreeable at the same time cause for some people, for those newcomers, it'll be hard to display the feeling of the image at times...

If that part is only for pro Wallpaper makers and not for someone like me, I would have agreed.

But if it's for all, Noob and Pro, it's hard for me cause I'm one of those Noobs

But anyways I know you can take alot of time and effort to do it alone to properly display the feeling without filters but...

I'm just bothered that you said "How to Use filters properly" when your not adding them at all :/

That's the only thing that's bothering me...

Anyways I'm terrible so you can criticize me as much as you can

I did say I am one of the Noobs in this Community

(Why is this so long...)

Edited by NotSoProish
Grammar

9 hours ago, NotSoProish said:

Well this is amazing :3...

Problem is the fact that it said Don't Use Filters part

Well I have to both agree AND disagree at the same time

It's agreeable enough to not use Filters because like as you said you can't use it to replace your Mediocracy but

It's not agreeable at the same time cause for some people, for those newcomers, it'll be hard to display the feeling of the image at times...

If that part is only for pro Wallpaper makers and not for someone like me, I would have agreed.

But if it's for all, Noob and Pro, it's hard for me cause I'm one of those Noobs

But anyways I know you can take alot of time and effort to do it alone to properly display the feeling without filters but...

I'm just bothered that you said "How to Use filters properly" when your not adding them at all :/

That's the only thing that's bothering me...

Anyways I'm terrible so you can criticize me as much as you can

I did say I am one of the Noobs in this Community

(Why is this so long...)

He meant "Don't overuse filters"

As displayed in the image with insanely overused filters which ruined the image. But yeah.. The sentence He made doesn't really fit to the message :)

"I'm just bothered that you said "How to Use filters properly" when your not adding them at all :/"
He added a filter though. So I don't know what you're talking about

13 hours ago, Kazuki said:

He meant "Don't overuse filters"

As displayed in the image with insanely overused filters which ruined the image. But yeah.. The sentence He made doesn't really fit to the message :)

"I'm just bothered that you said "How to Use filters properly" when your not adding them at all :/"
He added a filter though. So I don't know what you're talking about

don't. just don't. filters aren't a subtitute for your mediocrity, they just make it worse

This line here means to not add any filters at all :/

He would have corrected to said the one you said....

Don't Overuse Filters

When I said when your not adding them at all meaning to what I said "It means to not add any filters at all"

That's why it bothers me that he called it how to use it properly when your not adding them at all

he added one just to show that it can make it worse, but there are some that makes it better

I'm just a little bothered cause it seems the Title and the Sentence Contradict eachother...