Need Writers For Animation (Canceled)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Ok, so I need writers for an upcoming animation, This animation is not going to include voice acting at this present moment, but I need writers for scenes etc. It would also be a help if maybe some of you could come up with names for the animation, and the best/ Most fitting name will be chosen. One thing I should Probably mention is that I am not the best at making animations, So do not expect some 5 Star animation, I wanted to try out this forum thing, and see what kind of reaction/reply's I get, and also submit some character names as well as skins if you like, thanks!!

*THINGS THAT I HAVE FOR THE ANIMATION*

*A Village

*A Church

*Songs

*Medieval Weapons, Transportation and Punishment, Shields Rigs

Edited by TimGames
Canceled

So... you have a small setup and no real clue of what the animation is going to be? No general guidelines just "write my animation for me"?

But isn't conceptualizing an animation and bringing your ideas to life one of the best parts?

Do something you would enjoy animating, not something you feel forced to make. Trying to 'make' an animation happens ends up being one of the worst ways to do it. Making something with inspiration and enjoyment alongside it is the best and most fun way to do things. As you said yourself, don't expect a five-star animation, so don't make one with five-star ideas. Because people can make some pretty intricate and interesting ideas which leave animators confused as to how they will accomplish making those ideas a reality.'

Try conceptualizing what you want to animate. Start small and work your way up. What will the animation be like? Is it..?

• Short (1-3 min average runtime)
  • Skit (45 sec - 4 min)
  • A series (5 min - 15 min per episode)
  • A movie (20 min - 2 hours)
  • Test animation (2 sec - 30 sec with 20 second pointless intro and outro videos)
  • A joint animation (No clear runtime. Work on the same set with a friend taking turns animating.)
  • A collab. (3 - 15 min runtime. Make sure you have some reputation with animating and releasing content first before hosting. Animators want a trustworthy source.)

Try something you can in reality see yourself doing. Then set a goal as to an amount of time to make it. And make it interesting so you always get excited to work on it, so you don't have to force the motivation. Keeping things vague for yourself and the viewers allows for a lot of creative freedom so you can make changes easily. A series doesn't get that however so be careful.

Then, when you decide what you want to do. Break it down further. Will the short be a joke video? Will the series be a drama, or an action flick? What will you be testing in the test animation? What kind of set will the collab or joint have? Things like that. Keeping things clear for joints and collabs is important, and keeping things open is important for series and movies.

But above all else, never overwhelm yourself. Don't do something you simply are unable to do. Keeping your chin up is important to animation, and the appeal of it is awing at your marvel you have just created.

I'm sorry for the not-so-clear response, or lack of proper posting here. But what you request isn't exactly easy for a lot of us to do in terms of what you are asking. And that most users here would agree it's better to learn by experience than by straining yourself with other people's ideas.

TL;DR Do it yourself. It's easier and more fun to do, and don't make the idea to complex.

Edited by ÜberKiller
Added tl;dr for the lazy people who don't like my speeches