Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, I think if you changed everything to round bending it would look a bit smoother. Other than that, it's nice :D

Whether or not it has round bending doesn't affect how smooth an animation looks. Round or sharp bending is up to the animator's personal preference. I prefer sharp bending, myself. The animation looks great, although the run needs to be a bit faster and the arms need to bend a bit more, and the idle pose needs to have more movement over a slower period of time, depending on if the character is calm or energetic, etc. Also, while running, don't make the chest that stiff. You did pretty well, other than what I said. Good job.

Whether or not it has round bending doesn't affect how smooth an animation looks. Round or sharp bending is up to the animator's personal preference. I prefer sharp bending, myself. The animation looks great, although the run needs to be a bit faster and the arms need to bend a bit more, and the idle pose needs to have more movement over a slower period of time, depending on if the character is calm or energetic, etc. Also, while running, don't make the chest that stiff. You did pretty well, other than what I said. Good job.

You didn't have to quote what I said... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He asked for constructive criticism, and so everyone is entitled to say what they believe will help him.

Edited by mrmweiss

Thanks, i've actually just finished working on an improved running animation i'm gonna post it.

You didn't have to quote what I said... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He asked for constructive criticism, and so everyone is entitled to say what they believe will help him.

Very true. Here I am again, quoting. As I never learn. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else, however.. telling someone to change something like whether the bending is round is not constructive criticism. It's trivial, really. But your opinion is your opinion, and I respect that.

Very true. Here I am again, quoting. As I never learn. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else, however.. telling someone to change something like whether the bending is round is not constructive criticism. It's trivial, really. But your opinion is your opinion, and I respect that.

You can't respect my opinion if you are also criticizing it, that's sort of contradictory...

Telling someone to change something is criticism. With your logic, you are also implying that if I told someone how to improve their kick in soccer, it isn't criticism.

This argument is unnecessary, and if you respected my opinion in the first place then you wouldn't have wasted your time trying to prove it wrong, because its impossible to prove an opinion wrong.

You can't respect my opinion if you are also criticizing it, that's sort of contradictory...

Telling someone to change something is criticism. With your logic, you are also implying that if I told someone how to improve their kick in soccer, it isn't criticism.

This argument is unnecessary, and if you respected my opinion in the first place then you wouldn't have wasted your time trying to prove it wrong, because its impossible to prove an opinion wrong.

And here we are. Opinions are Opinions. Also Criticizing Helps!. It does. People use it as an advantage to step up there game. SuperSonicxx9 Never said anything that is proving a point. And you are going onto your own word of saying "opinions" and directing to your own. So don't do that.

Also That is a very nice cycle. Keep it up. 

And here we are. Opinions are Opinions. Also Criticizing Helps!. It does. People use it as an advantage to step up there game. SuperSonicxx9 Never said anything that is proving a point. And you are going onto your own word of saying "opinions" and directing to your own. So don't do that.

Yeah Opinions are Opinions but what you didn't know is they were also opinions, Also that running cycle is gud!

I already established that all criticism should help. SuperSonicxx9 criticized my statement trying to prove my opinion wrong, and I don't know what you mean by my own word of "opinions" because nothing I said about opinions I made up

I did not try to prove your opinion wrong or right, I simply stated that your opinion, which you called 'constructive criticism', was simply telling someone to change something only up to personal preference. I was not criticizing your opinion, nor was I hoping for a conversation this long to have abounded from what I had said.

I already established that all criticism should help. SuperSonicxx9 criticized my statement trying to prove my opinion wrong, and I don't know what you mean by my own word of "opinions" because nothing I said about opinions I made up

But what you said isn't criticism of any kind, it's preference. Preference has no place in proper criticism. Bottom line.