The 10 Rules of Syncing (Songs and Animation)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Nice, but I don't have to do that,

I can syncing the animation really easily by using tempo 30,

Because my animation will going to be 30fps so I can just change my tempo to 30

The point is... Tempo 20 means to be 20(x1.5) frames for 1 second, if you're making 30fps animation, your animation will have to has 30 frames for 1 second, if you use tempo 30, it will be 30 frames for 1 second, which is the same for 30fps, so...

Example... If the main beat of the song is the frame 50, you can just mark the frame at 50 in Mine-imator...

P.S. sorry for my English.

I'm bad at expanding :P

The point is... Tempo 20 means to be 20(x1.5) frames for 1 second, if you're making 30fps animation, your animation will have to has 30 frames for 1 second, if you use tempo 30, it will be 30 frames for 1 second, which is the same for 30fps, so...

Example... If the main beat of the song is the frame 50, you can just mark the frame at 50 in Mine-imator...

That is the method i use to use, But the reason why i suggested Tempo change is because of the compatibility with the long songs that are often chosen. While the tempo 30 method is accurate, often times beats will be off because they are in the middle of a second. 

That is the method i use to use, But the reason why i suggested Tempo change is because of the compatibility with the long songs that are often chosen. While the tempo 30 method is accurate, often times beats will be off because they are in the middle of a second.

Yeah, I know that, but sometimes, even if I make it sync with the song perfectly, I still had a feeling that it's not perfect enough, it's just feel like it's still too slow or something somehow, sometimes I just have to mark the frame before the real beats are going to be, like 1 or 2 frames, even if the beats are middle of second I still used to mark the frame before the beats, because even if I really make it perfectly, I'll render it into 30fps video as well, so anyone still can't really see if that sync with song, but it might be only me that have this feel

Anyways, Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I know that, but sometimes, even if I make it sync with the song perfectly, I still had a feeling that it's not perfect enough, it's just feel like it's still too slow or something somehow, sometimes I just have to mark the frame before the real beats are going to be, like 1 or 2 frames, even if the beats are middle of second I still used to mark the frame before the beats, because even if I really make it perfectly, I'll render it into 30fps video as well, so anyone still can't really see if that sync with song, but it might be only me that have this feel

Anyways, Thanks for the tips.

No problem. Also to fix the off sync stuff, thats where rule 10 comes in. 

I switched to tempo 30 because you said you used it so I wanted to try it out, Thanks alot mate it fits my animating style really well :D

I just badly sync it. That's why my rig in most animations do not talk.

Yea thats what i used to do. But this actually makes syncing way easier than it usually would be. I had to use only rules 6-10 for mgb 1. Now im using 1-10 for Reality and True Love