Dev update #6: Summer plans, 1.0.0 and beyond

A project like this will however require more knowledge about animation on my part (I'm still kind of a noob to this, I mean, have you seen 5ever?), which is why I'll probably be taking some animating courses and having a look at some of the "real" animation programs out there before making this, for inspiration and to see how the pros do things.

I could always show you Maya if your interested.

So not C++? Interesting.

Nice to see that alpha glitch rigs wont be destroyed, and some of the other features sound cool as well. I'm really looking forward to some of the new things the full version of 1.0.0 has to offer.

But the big question I have: are you planning on working on a sound timeline any time soon?

But... but... what happens to C++ Mine-imator?

Rewriting the entire program will require tremendous effort and time, so I have decided that if I will ever recreate this program, I will create a more generic environment to allow for any kind of animations, not just Minecraft. I have learn a lot about computer graphics the last couple of months and I feel that I can apply my knowledge more diligently into a program that isn't limited by Minecraft's basic style. (Davi-mator confirmed)

I am beyond proud of this. In fact, when you first said that you're learning about raytracing and C++, I knew that at some point this would happen. What you're about to do is not create Mine-imator, you can very well create a real animation program. I slowly study the development blog and see that what you're getting into is no joke. This will soon not be Mine-imator, and there will soon be great success towards the future of this program.

Am I upset about this? Not at all. I said I had to move onto Blender, lots of people here said that they'd have to go on, and now it's your turn. Go ahead and make a program that'll blow the mind off not only the forum members, but EVERYONE. The people who have said that Mine-imator sucks will soon be the ones getting laughed at. Good luck, I really do mean it.

Edited by Heavenira

I got something for C++ Mine Imator

If we are going to animate some thing not Minecraft releated, you can add different categories for the program. For example, there would be on category called Minecraft Animations, and when clicked, would load up Mine Imator. I'm not sure about the other things you have planned.

Oh, and don't forget about the mob creator, aka Fusion ;)