Dev update #6: Summer plans, 1.0.0 and beyond

I use Mine-imator a lot, and I love it. Thing is, I'm on mac, so I have to use a program called wine to run the exe file. I tried the demo with the exe but it didn't work, due to the fact that I needed to install that other microsoft thing attached with it. Will the full release work on mac by default? Will it need that installation to work (If so I won't be able to use it :()? Someone please get back to me, since I'm hoping to use mine-imator for some ambitious projects in the future that would be so much easier with 1.0.0.

Thanks so much! 

I use Mine-imator a lot, and I love it. Thing is, I'm on mac, so I have to use a program called wine to run the exe file. I tried the demo with the exe but it didn't work, due to the fact that I needed to install that other microsoft thing attached with it. Will the full release work on mac by default? Will it need that installation to work (If so I won't be able to use it :()? Someone please get back to me, since I'm hoping to use mine-imator for some ambitious projects in the future that would be so much easier with 1.0.0.

Thanks so much! 

This version is most likely going to come only for Windows, like it always has. And yes, the normal version needs an installation. But only Lord Daven will tell us.

Hey David, I've been doing mine-imator for a while now and I realized something that would be SUPER useful, I just hope it's not too much trouble. It would be super helpful if you added some kind of block that is just smooth and can be any color on the color wheel. That would be super great so I can finally so facial rigging well. I haven't been able to do stuff like eyebrow, eye, or mouth movement. Color blocks would be super helpful. It is REALLY hard to show how the character feels by moving their body. Also, sometimes when I render my animations it turns our too fast or too slow and sometime the graphics come out bad. One more thing, it would also be helpful (but not needed) if there was an option to have things glow or have other effects on it (like enchantment animations and flames, stuff like that.)

Thanks for your time! 

Hey David, I've been doing mine-imator for a while now and I realized something that would be SUPER useful, I just hope it's not too much trouble. It would be super helpful if you added some kind of block that is just smooth and can be any color on the color wheel. That would be super great so I can finally so facial rigging well. I haven't been able to do stuff like eyebrow, eye, or mouth movement. Color blocks would be super helpful. It is REALLY hard to show how the character feels by moving their body. Also, sometimes when I render my animations it turns our too fast or too slow and sometime the graphics come out bad. One more thing, it would also be helpful (but not needed) if there was an option to have things glow or have other effects on it (like enchantment animations and flames, stuff like that.)

Thanks for your time! 

2 things:

1.) the post should have been put in suggestions :)

2.) you can already do this by changing the mix color to (insert color) and turning it up 100%

Thanks so much! 

Since David does in fact plan to rewrite Mine-imator in the future using D++ (which I assume is an extension to C++), then I believe that is should work on Mac. Because C++ is a universal language and compilers are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux! In the mean time, use Bootcamp like me! :D

I cant wait for the new version to get released. As of right now it takes autistc levels of dedication and consistence to work with the software due lack of undo/redo, copypasting keyframes from one character to another, lack of animation presets to make a rough draft get some progress going and then tweak accordingly, lack of audio timeline to fit in dialogues acordingly, having to duplicate stuff because you cant disable "lock to parent" and disable it like you could on the older versions, etc, but the potential is there and it will turn out a great software that "normal" people can use to animate without needing insane hours on blender.

The ultimate timesaver will probably be being able to animate ingame so you can modify the world in real time.

Edited by moniker

I cant wait for the new version to get released. As of right now it takes autistc levels of dedication and consistence to work with the software due lack of undo/redo, copypasting keyframes from one character to another, lack of animation presets to make a rough draft get some progress going and then tweak accordingly, lack of audio timeline to fit in dialogues acordingly, having to duplicate stuff because you cant disable "lock to parent" and disable it like you could on the older versions, etc, but the potential is there and it will turn out a great software that "normal" people can use to animate without needing insane hours on blender.

The ultimate timesaver will probably be being able to animate ingame so you can modify the world in real time.

I have losed some hope in Mine imator.....David doesn´t have enought time to work in it:(

I have losed some hope in Mine imator.....David doesn´t have enought time to work in it:(

I've sort of given up using it myself because it seems like a waste of time, but I still hope it gets fixed rather soon. If what I mentioned gets addressed, the software would become really fun to use, right now it gets on my nerves. Accidentally deleting keyframes and not knowing exactly what happened and having to load again your latest save (because it doesn't even let you "save as" for some reason) or just redoing it etc, not having autowalk etc presets to make drafts and tweak them later on, lack of audio etc.. but let's keep our hopes up. It will eventually get done. It sucks that it wasn't released this summer tho. During holidays is usually the only time I got free enough time for this, which is why timesavers and general funcionality and ease of use is key for people like me. I don't enjoy spending an afternon fine tuning an animation movement. Final Fantasy 7 had terrible animations but a great storyline, im into that, simple animations and a good storyline. If I wanted super flashy **** I would honestly learn blender.

Edited by moniker

Anyone else hopes the new version with the fixed issues will come this year? it's depressing having ideas but not being able to materialise them, this is the perfect software for someone like me that can't be loved to learn blender, I just need those issues solved :steve_tearful:

i hope undo button is back im break rig :(

Don't worry guys, it'll come. Remember this whole program is made by 1 person, and that person has his life. And again, he said he would release it this summer. Hey, it's almost the end of August, It'll come anytime soon ;)