AnxiousCynic's Comprehensive Tutorial Series (Updated 7/23/15)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Update: Part 6! July 23, 2015

So I know there are quite a few Mine-imator tutorials floating around out there, but - like many tutorial videos I find throughout my travels - a lot of them aren't the best quality; visually, aurally, and unfortunately educationally. I recently had an itch to create a tutorial video, and with a friend wanting to learn Mine-imator, I thought I'd try my hand at the devilish task of making a high quality, thorough and informative, and easy to understand tutorial series for Mine-imator 1.0.0 Demo 5.

Any feedback/suggestions (good or bad) are much appreciated. Thanks for watching!

Part 1 - The Interface: How To Use Mine-imator

Part 2 - Setting Up A Scene

Edited by AnxiousCynic

Very nice, but just a little bit slow. 18 minutes is quite a long tutorial, but as far as I can see it's very comprehensive and good for beginners :)

One thing you could've gone over is the "Sunlight Range" in the background tab; the lower the number, the higher the shadow detail is

Edited by Joshinja

Very nice, but just a little bit slow. 18 minutes is quite a long tutorial, but as far as I can see it's very comprehensive and good for beginners :)

One thing you could've gone over is the "Sunlight Range" in the background tab; the lower the number, the higher the shadow detail is

Thanks for the feedback! I was aware of the timing, but I wanted to be thorough to make sure the foundation was laid out well - even then, there are things I didn't go over, so. Heh heh. My hope is that now that the interface is covered, future parts will be shorter and/or at least more interesting topics to cover.

I will definitely try to keep that detail in mind and go over it in the next one!