• Announcements

• david

READ: Mine-imator forum rules   07/14/15

Read 'em!
    • david

Download the Mine-imator 1.1.0 pre-release   10/02/17

We finally have a brand new Mine-imator version with lots of exciting features ready for testing! Full 1.1.0 coming soon! http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/67766-mine-imator-110-pre-release/  
    • david

PRE-RELEASE 2 IS OUT!   10/16/17

Pre-release 2 is available and your bugs should (hopefully) be fixed! --> http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/67766-mine-imator-110-pre-release/
ÜberKiller

Reducing lag in Mine-imator 1.0.0 Betas

Welcome! You must have came here to find out why Mine-imator is being really laggy. Well, there are ways to speed up the program, even with the 2GB limit.

First, we need to find out how much ram is on our computer.

WINDOWS USERS:

• To check how much ram you have, go to Start > Right Click computer > Select properties

ad0f0bc5e7.jpg

• You should get a window that looks like this:

db48bba751.png

• Where it says Installed Memory (RAM), this is how much ram your computer has. In my case, I have 8 GB of ram.

LINUX USERS:

• select Applications > Accessories > Terminal
  • run the free command
  • You should get something like this:

322a33f22e.png

• In the Mem row, Divide the 'total' column number by 997, and you should get the ram number. This case is also 8 GB of ram.

MAC/OSX USERS?

Click here

Now what are the Ideal conditions with said RAM?

• 2GB - Nothing should be open. You need all the RAM you can get with this much on your system.
  • 4GB - One browser won't hurt as long as it's not Chrome.
  • 6 - 8GB - You can run a couple programs, but keep an eye on the usage.
  • 8+ GB - You can run heavy games while animating, but why would you?

Now you know what your ideal conditions are. However since the limit you may think "Oh it doesn't matter it only uses 2 gigs anyways.." And yeah, to some extent that is correct. However it's to keep things smooth so the computer itself doesn't take a toll.

As you animate and you load more schematics, you may see some lag occurring. There are a couple of ways to keep things less laggy:

• Check "Remove edges from huge sceneries" in the options tab
  • Toggle visibility on static schematics not in use. Then check "show hidden objects" when rendering.
  • Split massive schematics in parts (Halving it can reduce some lag, splitting it in even smaller pieces helps a bunch.)

6cb6975798.jpg

• Disable Fog and Clouds. You can replace them with a custom skybox, or just re-enable them when prepared to render.
  • Don't use texture packs until rendering.
  • Lower the size of the ground, and change the size to what's necessary.
  • If using fog in the scene, split the schematic into a grid of pieces. Increase the fog to mask pieces of the grid not seen. Then toggle visibility on gridded areas not seen.

These are the only tips I can come up with. If you have anymore you'd want to add in, let me know. Thanks for reading folks.

As a 8gb user, I strongly urge you guys to look at this. But, may i add into it

So. If your a tech savvy person and you want to keep up with the stuff inside your computer, I recommend Speccy. This software helps you dig into every detail of your hardware. how hot it is, and etc

Sorry for sounding like a advert everyone. but i had to. this software saved my bum many times on mine-imator, my card almost overheated and oh man, that was a save.

5d70082eff.png

Edited by Rummy

As a 8gb user, I strongly urge you guys to look at this. But, may i add into it

So. If your a tech savvy person and you want to keep up with the stuff inside your computer, I recommend Speccy. This software helps you dig into every detail of your hardware. how hot it is, and etc

Sorry for sounding like a advert everyone. but i had to. this software saved my bum many times on mine-imator, my card almost overheated and oh man, that was a save.

5d70082eff.png

This does in fact save a lot of time, but it might not work for Linux or Mac. It also keeps things in check.

Check it out in case you don't know what goes on when using Mine-imator.

"Lower the size of the ground, and change the size to what's necessary" Is that an actual feature, like the on in the betas, cause I can not find it. Help?

So many simple things, and they work. Thanks Uber.

Edited by ZZZZane

How do you lower the size of the ground?

"Lower the size of the ground, and change the size to what's necessary" Is that an actual feature, like the on in the betas, cause I can not find it. Help?

So many simple things, and they work. Thanks Uber.

Woah what, where did it go? I've used it before but I lost track of it.

I have 12GB, but for some reason it crashes anyway and says "NVIDIA drivers has crashed and recovered" in the bottom right.

That has to do with your GPU and not RAM.(As nvidia is a GPU production company mainly..)

The only things I can think of that happened is:

• Your mineimator had to many things 'drawn' on screen, and ran out of GPU memory, so it dumped it.
  • Your screen might of crashed, missed a flicker or went to sleep, causing the GPU to dump all it's memory to save clockspeed, heat and electricity.
  • Something else took all your GPU memory, and dumped it.

You'll have to update your driver, add more VRAM(or the equivalent, idk if nvidia uses VRAM anymore) or just add less stuff to mineimator.

Or you could let your GPU use page files for more memory..(I don't know how with Nvidia)

(Not sure if everything I said above was entirely correct, just from what I know)

12 hours ago, Pilotdestroyer6420 said:

I have an 8g computer and I m still super slow

Ram? if its ram Maybe its about your other stuffs like GPU.