Export as template for Nova Skin wallpaper

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, recently I launched this minecraft wallpaper with custom skins creator, with wallpaper templates created by some 3D artists and modeled in programs like Cinema4D.

But, I receive many contributions of wallpapers created with mine-imator, but unfortunately I can't use them.

I am asking if you could add and way to export an image compatible with the template format. basically the only thing that changes is to render the players in the scene with an special skin that will not be influenced by lights so the wallpaper generator can extract data from the texture mapping.

If all that is required is to draw characters without lighting and with a special skin, I'd be happy to implement it. :)

=D

this tutorial explain how ihttp://novaskin.me/post/52620967599 it works

basically this is the skin used to render the player

ooxQxdJ.png

But there is a trick with the green color that might be challenging, beacuse this skin is a simple red to blue gradient, where the color from pixel X,Y is Red=X and Blue=Y

For example, the pixel X= 10, Y = 20 has the RGB color (10, 0, 20)

Green is aways zero, so I am using this channel to store the pixels luminance.

This is why they look green, because the red and blue vary from small values (red from 0 to 64 and blue from 0 to 32), but green can vary from 0 to 255 because it stores how much light that pixels received.

nhLQwUbh.png

Would it be possible to implement this in mine-imator?

Maybe it would be easier to render in 2 steps, once only the background with the player luminance and other layer with just the player with the red/blue skin.

Edited by saviski