Mine Imator 0.6.2 Better Than Mine Imator 1.0.0?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Which Is Better Mine Imator 0.6.2 Or Mine Imator 1.0.0  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mine Imator 0.6.2 Is Better Than Mine Imator 1.0.0?

• Heck Yes!
    • Heck No!

Something that has struck during my change into Mine Imator 1.0.0.

It's. Hard.

It just seems complicated, Considering that the software made everything more complicated

Selecting body parts made everything more complicated, Whice is why

to this day Mine Imator 0.6.2 is the only software I'll stay animating until they simplify

Mine Imator 1.0.0 down to an easier version.

State your opinions on this

down below.

Answer yourself on the following :):

How much time have you spent with 0.6.2?

And how much time have you spent 'trying' 1.0.0?

Furthermore have you watched any tutorial videos on 0.6.2?

What about 1.0.0? Are there too 'less' for 1.0.0? -

I think there are some good ones out there somewhere. I know I've seen them.

Now here's a task if you really want to test what's difficult. Open up 1.0.0 and make a walk. Doesn't have to be good. Open up Blender... have fun.

-

Opinion: it's all a matter of time and learning it...

some stupid changes were made to the "1.0.0 DEMO" from "0.6.2" can't deny that

but your "reason" is stupid.. selecting body parts? too difficult to click on the damn part m8? i find myself doing that whenever i open an older version

since that's the only "reason" you stated it is the only thing i'll say.. i'm not gonna say "get used to it".. since one can get used to "cinema 4d" and say it's easy as well

Yes, selecting body parts is way easier in 0.6.2:

1. Locate character's timeline

2. Click on a keyframe (must be created if none exists)

3. Select a body part from the tiny window in the top-right

Compare to 1.0.0:

1. Click character in 3D view

2. Click again on a body part in 3D view

Alt.

2. Extend it and click a body part's timeline

I'm sorry for making your lives more complicated.

Compare to 1.0.0:

Alt.

shots fired

I am not trolling, And I'm saddened by the negative comments. What I meant was that the fact when I cick on a certain

part it opens up so many tabs and then it fills up the keyframe box, Sorry If you misunderstood me 

Yes, I know, I hate it too. Maybe one day David might bring that back as an optional feature. But with all due respect, I made so many errors with that previous system.

I used to be considered one of the big animators (GasCreeper, SKIBBZ, XGUNLOCK, Redcap, etc), but then 1.0.0 came out. I was one of the first people to download it (May 25th, 2014), and was so bewildered. I couldn't understand how it worked compared to 0.7 (which is pretty much the same as 0.6.2). It made me quit on Mine-imator, unfortunately. I was hoping that it would be as simple as the previous versions, but after 8 hours of learning the basics of Blender (yes, it takes that long), I just couldn't go back. Today, I'm seeing all of these animations that even impress me, and I won't lie, I am really upset that I didn't take the opportunity. Regarding all the comments saying that Mine-imator 1.0.0 is better than Blender, I would probably disagree. However, Mine-imator is one of the best learning tools for animation I've ever seen. But then 1.0.0 came out. In my opinion, it somewhat faded the learning tool attribute. I'm just extremely happy that David didn't remove the 0.6.2 and 0.7 download, because one should learn the first version before the next. Overall, I would prefer 0.7, but it doesn't have the effects+graphics as 1.0.0. Thank you for reading.

EDIT: However, is 0.6.2 better than 1.0.0? I would have to disagree, as 1.0.0 offers more features.

Edited by Heavenira

I found it a bit complicated at first. I honestly couldn't figure out how to create objects until a week later. I was making things in 0.7 and porting them over to render. Particles were impossible. And don't even get me started on the lag when shadows are on.

Given a few weeks of practice, though, I figured everything out. It just took some getting used to. Of course, I hadn't really used MI before 0.7, except for one animation, and it was only a month after I started using it again that 1.0.0 came out. I'm sure people who used the older versions had more trouble with it.

Still, you have to admit that even though it's a tad complex, the end product looks much better, even if it's just a quick render.

Lastly, I think clicking on the object in the view is much easier than finding it on the timeline, and the interface is actually a bit easier to use that the previous versions.

Answer yourself on the following :):

How much time have you spent with 0.6.2?

And how much time have you spent 'trying' 1.0.0?

Furthermore have you watched any tutorial videos on 0.6.2?

What about 1.0.0? Are there too 'less' for 1.0.0? -

I think there are some good ones out there somewhere. I know I've seen them.

Now here's a task if you really want to test what's difficult. Open up 1.0.0 and make a walk. Doesn't have to be good. Open up Blender... have fun.

-

Opinion: it's all a matter of time and learning it...

Well, I find it questionable why so many people find Blender difficult. It just takes thought and process. You can't judge an animation that's not finished. So just experiment in Blender. I use Blender and I find it quite easy to learn.

But Minecraft wise Mine-imator topples possible competitors.

Mine-Imator 0.6.2 had less functionality compared to 1.0.0 so I would say 1.0.0. 

~Banic

I agree with HeavenNira, 1.0.0 came out, the walking to next keyframe was "replaced" (not put in. David was saying in Demo 5 he would put in AppleBrony's Cycle.) selecting a body-part is hard, it clutters the timeline. Too much windows and stuff has changed Mine-imator forever. The charm is gone. (Like Pleo and Pleo RB, Mondasian Cybermen and Nightmare in Silver Cybermen and all that.) In my opinion, MINE IMATOR IS GONE.

I agree with HeavenNira, 1.0.0 came out, the walking to next keyframe was "replaced" (not put in. David was saying in Demo 5 he would put in AppleBrony's Cycle.) selecting a body-part is hard, it clutters the timeline. Too much windows and stuff has changed Mine-imator forever. The charm is gone. (Like Pleo and Pleo RB, Mondasian Cybermen and Nightmare in Silver Cybermen and all that.) In my opinion, MINE IMATOR IS GONE.

1. It will come, he never said it would come in demo 5

2. The body selecting is A LOT better and gives you more control. There is a triangle to close the body parts, so a cluttered timeline is no argument

3. More features = More windows, less features = less windows, somewhere they have to go

4. It evolves or it vanishes, Mine-Imator evolved

Edited by myluki2000

I agree with you in some ways.

In 0.6.2 I could make a decent 20 second animation in about half an hour while I've had 1.0.0 since about September and I still haven't made any "proper" animations.

But 1.0.0 has shadows and looks a really well done, so I don't think 0.6.2 is any better than the 1.0.0 demos.

I agree with you in some ways.

In 0.6.2 I could make a decent 20 second animation in about half an hour while I've had 1.0.0 since about September and I still haven't made any "proper" animations.

But 1.0.0 has shadows and looks a really well done, so I don't think 0.6.2 is any better than the 1.0.0 demos.

I've done animations in 1 hour in Mine-Imator 1.0.0, and they look better than 0.6.2. If you haven't done any proper animations since september then that's your fault, not Mine-Imator's

Compare to 1.0.0:

Alt.

I think it's actually a bit easier to select things in the 1.0.0 demos.

I've done animations in 1 hour in Mine-Imator 1.0.0, and they look better than 0.6.2. If you haven't done any proper animations since september then that's your fault, not Mine-Imator's

I guess. I am the world's biggest procrastinator, after all. :steve_wink: