Working around Semi Tranparant Objects

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

For those of you who may know or not know about the tranparant object bug, you always wonder why I can't see that character behind the semi transparant glass? Well After doing to researching and messing around on a test rig world, I was able to figure out how YOU can see through that slime! Or whatever it is....

Let's break it down on how the animation first opened up after a transparent object resets:

heres what it looked like before the bug:

21eqiia.jpg

And here what it looks like after:

2dkbl0x.jpg

No, I did not delete the Ninja, instead he's isn't being rendered through the slimes texture, but why?

Well it has to do mostly on how Mine-imator deals with loading transparent objects and objects in general.

Here is the time line list of the objects in the render

Camera
Slime (Which isn't the texture)

-Body (This is the model's texture)

--The Ninja (The guy inside)

---etc (the stuff for Ninja)

Steve (The one looking at the slime)

What Mine-imator is doing each time you open the animation it goes from the top of the timeline to the bottom of the time line, in the example, it loads the camera first, then the Slime, THEN the body, and THEN the ninja.

Mine-imator only checks transparancy for objects BEFORE it when it loads, so this is why some objects wont look right in rendering, it's because its rendering everything before it and not after it.

For this example, it was easy I had to reorder the Ninja to a different spot, BEFORE the Body layer:

Camera

Slime

-The Ninja

--Etc

-Body

Steve

And the render looks perfectly like it did before it did.

So the issue is: IT'S ORDER!

(Bonus Points to the person who can guess what the example was! :) )