Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

today im going to show you how to do this

OctABzV.png

background tab

sunlight range 420

sunlight color H 42 s 122 v 255

ambient color H 0 S 0 Value 50

show fog Check

fog distance 9750

fog sixe 10000

if you want something easy

sunlight range 420

ambient color H 0 S 0 V 50

Edited by Darl

Where are the shadow's options?

I think you hover over the crafting table then click on the wrench.  After that click on Render Settings, then you'll see options to change the shadows.

But there is one problem.  I think if you use these kind of shadows, there is a radius of where the shadows will appear.  If objects are outside of that radius, the object will not cast shadows.

I think you hover over the crafting table then click on the wrench.  After that click on Render Settings, then you'll see options to change the shadows.

But there is one problem.  I think if you use these kind of shadows, there is a radius of where the shadows will appear.  If objects are outside of that radius, the object will not cast shadows.

Yes, that's true, although the chances of a person creating an animation outside the radius is slim... But people can just change the settings a bit and it should work.

You're going to have to give me details on what shadows work best, I don't animate too often... :/

Have the shadow settings to High, change all the other settings to lowest, don't mess with the DOF, change the sunlight range to 400 depending on the size of the scenery (: and give the sunlight ambiance to a grayish blue (: 

Guest MineatronOrigin

Have the shadow settings to High, change all the other settings to lowest, don't mess with the DOF, change the sunlight range to 400 depending on the size of the scenery (: and give the sunlight ambiance to a grayish blue (:

Okay, do you use this technique a lot? I want to make this as elaborate as I can, so I may have multiple techniques in the thread...

Okay, do you use this technique a lot? I want to make this as elaborate as I can, so I may have multiple techniques in the thread...

Yes, I always use this technique since after my Christmas animation (:  

(Its still jagged, but hey.. Its something!) 

The shadows give it a more cel shaded type of shadow :D 

8fOhl8D.png

Guest MineatronOrigin

Yes, I always use this technique since after my Christmas animation (:  

(Its still jagged, but hey.. Its something!) 

The shadows give it a more cel shaded type of shadow :D

8fOhl8D.png

Do you have a before picture I can see? ;/ I can't use Mine-imator until later on tonight...