About the 3D shapes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I don't know why users complain about 3D Shapes and they comment "Not too minecrafty". So what?

What's the purpose why David add these in 1.0.0? Aren't you happy about his work? What if someone use shapes in their animation like:

Deal with it. Just don't complain it.

I think the purpose for shapes is for little details, but all the videoes you used was for mostly pacman which is probably almost impossible to do blocky.I don't think anyone said it should be removed ,they were saying they think it doesnt look good like that

I'm not a big fan of circles because, they don't fit in the world of minecraft, this is a pixelated block game, so circles wouldn't make sense, circles are only seen in mods, and every other minecraft animators never use circles, only for purposes like.. explosions or Particles, or water effects, something like that,

people have their opinions, and i'm not saying you should not make circles, it's just not my cup of tea.

Edited by DurRubinRux

The main reason I added them is because they could be used as particles, and GM already had built-in functions for the 3D shapes (although a bit bugged, unsurprisingly), so implementing them was rather easy.

Yup. It only takes one line of code to show the shape.

d3d_draw_sphere

I'm not a big fan of circles because, they don't fit in the world of minecraft, this is a pixelated block game, so circles wouldn't make sense, circles are only seen in mods, and every other minecraft animators never use circles, only for purposes like.. explosions or Particles, or water effects, something like that,

people have their opinions, and i'm not saying you should not make circles, it's just not my cup of tea.

Deal with it.

The main reason I added them is because they could be used as particles, and GM already had built-in functions for the 3D shapes (although a bit bugged, unsurprisingly), so implementing them was rather easy.

Gosh, I never actually thought about that. If people had used them more often, we could have some pretty awesome looking explosions!