Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Posting random/offtopic/usless things?

Typically anything that doesn't add to the discussion isn't allowed. If it's in a help section, or a topic asking for help; the punishment can be more harsh. It's not only rude, but just plain useless to do.

bro calm down.

You realize this is my job to enforce the rules, right? I take it very seriously, otherwise I would be a horrible mod.

Are these considered spam:

• Posting a bunch of status updates about the same thing (Even if it is worded differently).
  • Posting a status update linking to a topic in the recent topic section (No idea if this is spam or not).

Guest MineatronOrigin

"...You realize this is my job to enforce the rules, right? I take it very seriously, otherwise I would be a horrible mod."

I wonder, if you were to say these things aloud, in real life... how calm you would actually be. One of the downfalls of the internet is perception of tone: we don't really know how calm and collected or angered. Hmm, I guess it's just something to think about. Anyways, referring back to your topic: yeah, I think you got everything... I suppose, however, posting Shakespeare in binary code would fall under "overusing/repeating a certain phrase in a single/multiple posts" and/or "relatively any post that has overusage of repetition in any form but is under one line."

01010011 01101111 00100000 01001001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 01011100 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00111111

Translation: So I can't talk in binary?

I wonder, if you were to say these things aloud, in real life... how calm you would actually be. One of the downfalls of the internet is perception of tone: we don't really know how calm and collected or angered. Hmm, I guess it's just something to think about. Anyways, referring back to your topic: yeah, I think you got everything... I suppose, however, posting Shakespeare in binary code would fall under "overusing/repeating a certain phrase in a single/multiple posts" and/or "relatively any post that has overusage of repetition in any form but is under one line."

Just a note: Binary is considered another language. The more you know.

Also I do and don't say things like this in real life. Here I enforce rules this way regardless of everything. In real life I only speak like this if provoked or asked.

Does he get paid for this...? Just wondering. E:

Nope. My service is on my own time. Typically a reason why you don't shouldn't want to be a mod. You must devote almost all of your time to moderation.

Under that same logic, people say and mean different things in real life. This is the alter ego, the internet ego.

I can sound much smarter and collected on the internet because I can type and write exactly what I mean, while if I was speaking vocally, I would have to say different things to get the same meaning out.