Mine-Imator 1.0.0 - Bug Interpretation and Possible Fixes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey there, Terabane reporting in. This thread is to point out bugs that people may be encountering and some possible fixes.

I have been using computers and building them for quite sometime now, so I know quite a lot, but not everything.

Bugs found so far. [Post below if you have one I don't]

Project corruption after recent .object import/.particle import. 

Mouse spazzing out on left click (known).

Lagging when turning on loop.

Export problems.

Crash when duping particles (known).

Shader error :

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in Fragment Shader compilation
ShaderName: shader_highquality_dof

C:\Documents and Settings\*censored*\Mes documents\Downloads\Mine-imator 0.7 DEMO\Mine-imator 1.0.0 DEMO\memory(35,5): error X5589: Invalid const register num: 32. Max allowed is 31.

############################################################################################

Texture problems : Alpha / Transparent areas when shadow testing.

General Fixes : 

1 - Set the process Mine-Imator.exe to High, downloading Razor Game Booster can also improve speed. DON'T SET IT TO REALTIME, IT WILL PUT MINE-IMATOR IN FRONT OF ALL WINDOWS SERVICES AND PROCESSES.

CTRL + ALT + DEL > Start Task Manager > Processes > Mine-Imator, Right Click, Set Priority > High

2 - Download latest drivers and display adapters. This is tedious and told all the time, but can really help improve speed and help startup for Mine-Imator. Next to that, you should also install more RAM or Memory for your computer. These are the estimated System Requirements for Mine-Imator, don't think these are 100% valid however, I am testing on different systems (Windows, Linux, don't have Mac).

3 - System Requirements (Estimate) :

OS : XP / Vista / Seven / Eight || Debian Distros are the only ones tested to work for me.

CPU : Pentium-3 1.5GHZ+

Video Card : Anything supporting Pixel / Vertex Shader 2+ and Shader Model 3+. Usually anything after 2009.

Check your Shader Model with this : GPU-Z 0.7 || Virus Scan for those who are questioning

Direct X : Direct X 9.0c+ Nothing earlier.

Hard Drive/Disk Space : 30MB

4 - Do basic troubleshooting. Sometimes Windows will tell you if a program can't run. Besides, this the most basic thing.

5 - If you don't have recent Shader try Swift Shader 3.0. Its an emulator for Shader Model 3.0.

If all of the general fixes fail, try these specific fixes or reply below and I'll see what I can do.

Specific Fixes :

Project corruption could occur from Anti-Virus blocking it or memory overloads. Check your antivirus, or check this Virus Scan for Mine-Imator. Memory Overloads are when there is not enough memory to process input or, in this case, saving or overwriting. Try installing more RAM or follow the general fixes.

Mouse spazzing out can be fixed by minimizing and maximizing Mine-Imator.

Lagging on loop can most likely be a internal error, or an increase in memory you don't have. Try installing more RAM or following the general fixes.

Export problems is most likely lag, try changing the codec. I will continue research on this.

Crash when duping particles is probably another memory overload. Look at Project corruption or general fixes.

*Skipping Shader error, its obvious whats required (SHADERS)*.

Texture problems can sometimes be fixed by removing transparency, making the file 16-bit Color or 32-bit Color, or ticking the visible box.

For those who are on Linux, I'll make a thread sometime later about Debian testing.

There are many more errors out there, so keep telling me what you find and I will try to fix them!

Maybe I should be the Tech Moderator, not many post though.

Signing off ~Banic.

Edited by Terabanic

Tech Moderator = nope.avi... We have David for that anyway.

In 1.0.0 instead of using alpha to make things transparent, we have the 'visible' option, which makes objects transparent and produces no shadows. 

Sorry but we will not need this, DurRubinRux already have an topic of error fixes and we have David to fix.

so basically the only reason you made this is so you could be a ''tech moderator'' aright..

I guess it is.