Little technical request of Mineimator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, after trying to exit Mineimator, it askes if you want to save or not.

If you say yes, it would take you to the place you want to save the mani. file. If you click cancel at this point, Mineimator just exits.

I think it just go back to your animation, not just exit, as it can be Life-saving if it just goes back to your animation, since you can make more edits and save, or just try saving again if you just made a mistake when clicking cancel.

Would be a little technical issue that would be easy to fix, hopefully.

You can already do this. Just don't close out the program and click the save or save as button. (If you don't know what they are they are the two little floppy disk (i think) like things) 

That isn't even relative to what he is suggesting. If you, for example, accidentally press the top of a window, it can sometimes close out the program on accident. However for some programs, it prompts you if you wish to save or not. If you press save, it saves and closes the program. If you press don't save, it just leaves. If you press cancel, it returns you back to what you were doing before you wanted to save.

If you try to close out the program and press save, but when prompted to select a directory and you either press X or cancel, it would simply return you back to the program as if you didn't try to leave the program.

For Mine-imator, this isn't the case. It just closes if you press X or Cancel. Any progress you didn't save is permanently lost.

Just close the box that asks you...then boom you're back on mine-imator

That doesn't work. Go on, try it.

I tried it in it works.

I think it's a glitch in 0.6.2

I tried it in the demo and it failed. Are you sure you are trying to save when closing Mine-imator? Remember the steps:

Make an animation

Close out mine-imator, and a prompt comes up for saving

Press save and close out the directory window (or press cancel)

Everything is lost

I tried it in the demo and it failed. Are you sure you are trying to save when closing Mine-imator? Remember the steps:

Make an animation

Close out mine-imator, and a prompt comes up for saving

Press save and close out the directory window (or press cancel)

Everything is lost

Oh Yeah. I tried something else, Whoops.

Just save it and go back then when you're finished editing save it as the same file is the one you saved when you clicked the X

That's the only work-around . But that's a lot of work, and it isn't a very user-friendly way to get it to work. Simplicity, with great power is the appeal of Mine-imator and lets not have it ruined by one bad fault.