Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Tips to make a great animation

INTRODUCTION

Let's say, you are a beginner and you want to improve. You want to make good animations and be known by the community.

Here are MY tips on how to make your animation look great.

TIPS
In general

• Plan. Planning everything before you act on it is a very good way to start. Make sure what you do follows according to plan. If it doesn't, try going back to that part.
  • Accept. Learn to accept mistakes and errors that you might make. Keep a backup of your files. Let yourself be inspired by constructive criticism and/or your mistakes.
  • Use common sense. It helps alot. The rest of this tip is straightforward. Unless you don't have common sense.
  • Keep calm. Panicking while making something (which usually occurs when you lost progress) won't get you anywhere. By keeping calm, you can focus on your work and not make bad progress.

Forum post

• Use proper grammar. It makes the post more appealing to the eye. Having the post with txT liek dys is awful.
  • Don't make the post too long. Adding a very huge block of text isn't really appealing. Split it in short paragraphs. Or make a summary of the animation.
  • Use a good post format. Remember, a good post format is important. Use the post editor to your advantage. Use the sizes and styles to highlight headings.
  • Don't abuse editor features. Having your whole large post in all bold, text sizes very large and very lavish text style use is NOT good. Use the editor features appropriately.

Animation

• Make a story. It helps the viewer understand the animation clearly. Even more if you present it well.
  • Find inspirations. There are good animations out there that might help and/or inspire you how to make a good animation. Don't blatantly copy them, though.
  • Use the features well. Add some bending to your character's limbs. Add wonderful scenery, lights and other stuff. Using both basic and (optionally) advanced features of Mine-imator helps you well.
  • Review your animation. In case you think you have done something wrong, play the animation and see if there is any. If you can fix it, it's a great way to make your animation clean.

Hope it helps! I may post more tips as time goes by.

Edited by LightofDeath

can I say one thing? when making a mine-imator animation please get creative because when i plunder whats on youtube i see so mnay got dang herobrine ones, i mean really? didn't he get removed already? I mean sheesh bringing out an original 50,000 times make himw lose his rep, and you don't want him to lose his rep, because if he does he will hunt you down and merk you all, but anyways, please get creative with your characters, inveokr54 out, happy animating :D