Mine-imator Work-arounds (For Version 0.7 and under)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Disclaimer: These are already features in the latest update of 1.0.0, but these work-arounds are intended for older versions of the program. They will be of no use in 1.0.0 since objects have no limitation and rotation points can be edited.

Note: This topic was merged with another tutorial topic, which both were pinned. The one below is on how to edit rotation points. To see on how to increase the size of an object beyond the limitations,

After some tweaking, I have found some great news. We can currently manipulate the character to change it's rotation point to somewhere you wish. For this example, I will be moving his rotation point to the pelvis:  the best rotation location for animation. Anyways enough puns, let's do this:

Start off by opening Mine-imator:

jrkQgw1.jpg

Then spawn a character, this can include character rigs as they will not be affected. (Unless they edit the legs.)

Create a frame and move the character's legs down exactly 12 units. Do the same with the chest, but nothing else!

Us0s8Hh.jpg

Hrjt0XU.jpg

Select all of the character and raise it 12 units.

JFtBguG.jpg

And there you have it. The character's rotation point is now along the pelvis. If you wish to move in more specific locations, here are some options:

27yGxi5.jpg

Moved up 24 Units = Rotation point on the head.
Moved up 18 units = Directly in the chest.

I hope this helps you, and explore what you can do with this in the future. Keep in mind you should do this before animating not editing an animation otherwise the process will be painstaking to perfect and I don't want to put you all through that.

Also sorry for the glitches with the images. There was a bug when taking them.

Edited by ÜberKiller

I found this out a while ago when making glitchy rigs, but kudos to you for making this useful tutorial. It can have some hilarious results :P

The Sizer as I call it is so good yet too many blocks is madness. Really shouldn't carry a redstone torch next to that tnt should I ._.